Mississauga Steelheads 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
Thanks for the warning, I actually was considering it and did look online for tickets. I cannot see the far end of the ice through the mesh with my old eyes and looks like there ain't much except by the glass, another spot that I will not sit.

Did sit there once 2 seasons ago, Mar 16th. Wound up with a game puck, first time I ever got one, but the view was bad.
I agree gotta be high enough to clear the glass man. Same goes for the net, I can’t sit behind it. I don’t know how some people can sit right behind the bench. Is there view not impeded by the coaches?

three dog night

May 3, 2014
You ever make it to road games three dog? You guys are up here Sunday. I like it, you’ll have played the night before so hopefully that will slow you down a bit :) I wonder if we’d see McGrath since you’re a few points up now.
Go to the odd road game usually close like Hamilton Guelph Kitchener and Oshawa I wonder that too he may know how your guys shoot the other week Inzce started against us and almost pulled it out.

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
I picked up a the last two games on the OHL livestream. Not bad camera work considering it’s a media camera (I suppose anyway) and you get a couple of radio guys (who are actually pretty good) for the play by play.
So spider :) what kind of core fans are their in Sauga? I take there be a core of die hards?

There are a few die hards, but you have to find news on your own for the most part. It is not like most of the OHL towns where the hockey club is the centre of the sports world.

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
I agree gotta be high enough to clear the glass man. Same goes for the net, I can’t sit behind it. I don’t know how some people can sit right behind the bench. Is there view not impeded by the coaches?

Me as well, I did sir behind the bench for that game, I actually misread the grid and thought I would be high up. I couldn't see jack through the glass and bench, got a game puck anyway.

The mesh messes my eyes up for focusing 200 ft down the ice.

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
Me as well, I did sir behind the bench for that game, I actually misread the grid and thought I would be high up. I couldn't see jack through the glass and bench, got a game puck anyway.

The mesh messes my eyes up for focusing 200 ft down the ice.
Amen.

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
Big Carter fan, he has been having a great season, got to love the work effort from the Trout, not often they aren't playing hard. Usually they are lining up against a team with more talent at this point.

Ingham just keeps rolling along as well.

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
Great game and a big win on the road! Another game that shows that Cole Carter really is the straw that stirs the drink for the Steelheads. What a great season so far for him and the team
Carter stood out to me the from the first time we played the Steelheads this season. Too bad he’s an OA.

Reactions: Tarantula

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
I thought he was very effective when he was picked up at the trade deadline last season but he has taken his game to a whole new level as an OA
That seems to happen to a lot of guys as evidenced this year with Brazeau, Felhaber etc. Maybe it will happen for us next year as a guy like Levin still hasn’t had the breakout season I would think he’s capable of.

Reactions: Steel Fishbowl

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
So far this season is one I will remember Carter and Lazer for. Carter has made a big impression on me throughout the year, the kind of guy you want to cheer for.

Should be a tough one tonight though. Ottawa has looked pretty solid all year. JR coaching against the team run by his boss for a season here in Missy, his old GM Boyd.

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
So far this season is one I will remember Carter and Lazer for. Carter has made a big impression on me throughout the year, the kind of guy you want to cheer for.

Should be a tough one tonight though. Ottawa has looked pretty solid all year. JR coaching against the team run by his boss for a season here in Missy, his old GM Boyd.
I could cry when I think of us giving up Lazer. Boneheaded move. The guy’s a great player and a threat every time he’s on the ice.

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
Another solid game for Ingham. That one save during the shoot out was worth watching a few times. Another good effort from the Trout, pretty much every night they play teams with more NHL drafted talent and typically hold their own and win more then their share.

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
Good weekend so far for the Trout, punched a bit over their weight with a reg win over Niagara, and a shoot out over Ottawa, four points. Like the effort, always working hard and have we been somewhat spoiled with both Ranger and Ingham, have they been playing well!

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
Noticed game was televised last night - Production by Humber College - maybe the end of the semester media classes are taking this on once they are far enough along in school to take on the challenge. Hopefully this keeps going.
Game today is showing as televised - hopefully you get the remaining games of the season covered by the Humber College group.

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
Any coverage helps, especially now with the NFL season being over.

Looks like it will be a dog's day at the Arena today. Better keep both hands on that hotdog today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad