Mississauga Steelheads 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

WolvesFanSudbury

Oct 8, 2016
Unfortunately there is a rule agaisnt calling someone up during the playoffs I believe. And even if Buffalo would know the kid wouldn’t want to give up this playoff run to sit on the nhl bench

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
See some of you boys tonight? :)

Was debating on going as it seems like a nice day for a drive and a hockey game. With the daily grind of driving here I rather enjoy the trip up north. Looks like things got simmering last night so it should be a good game.

I wonder if both Sabres goalies take the same taxi or ride share together at the same time? :DD

Reactions: mtshapcott

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
Would any network be covering your home game Rogers, etc
I’ve watched games on the livestream from there before. I think the audio was radio guys and it was a media camera. Wasn’t too bad though, I would think they’d have that but it costs a few bucks.

WaW

Armchair Assistant Coffee Gofer for the GM
Mar 18, 2017
Yeah I also thought you guys outplayed us tonight. Ukko stood on his head and stole it for us.

I'd like to say the travelling fans/ steelheads parents were solid and should be commemorated for putting up with the BS from the Section 18/19 peanut gallery constantly throwing them shade while sitting in Section 17. They really kept it classy all things considered. It's one thing to get in the goalie's head by chanting his name (I even do this myself from time to time) but I think ripping on him in the direction of his parents is a bit much. We all have our local idiots, unfortunately.

Anyways, on to game 3 tomorrow night.

Reactions: Tarantula

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
It was there for the taking, that was a game you need to come out with the win. Tough loss, great effort.

See what happens tonight, they would have bussed home last night, so a late night for them, and Sudbury gets the bus ride today. This 3 in 3 is a tough way to start the playoffs, expecting a choppy game where anything can happen.

mtshapcott

Feb 12, 2019
I'm worried about the psychological effect of the game two loss on the fish. This is a young team. Hopefully coach can get them to focus on the positives and play like the series is 0-0.
I'm afraid to say it but I could see a Wolves blowout win tonight after that game. I hope I'm wrong.
I may be mistaken but I think the last time Sudbury knocked us out of the playoffs we were the Icedogs and it was the last game for that franchise here in Mississauga. The travelling Sudbury fans really gave us the gears rubbing in the fact that our team was not only knocked out but leaving altogether. I have yet to forgive Sudbury for the emotional pain of that night

Reactions: Tarantula

hockieguy

Sep 7, 2012
Ontario Canada
Just before Byfield scored for Sudbury, the shot that Carter took that hit the crossbar was actually in. I was sitting behind the net. I don't know why JR didn't challenge that. I am not sure what he challenged but the shot was in......

Sleemans99

Nov 25, 2018
I would have to believe the shot was not in. That was part of the long video review after the goal. first to see if byfield was offside and second on the Carter shot. Also not a coaches challenge but they can request a review

Voice from the North

Sep 17, 2013
Just before Byfield scored for Sudbury, the shot that Carter took that hit the crossbar was actually in. I was sitting behind the net. I don't know why JR didn't challenge that. I am not sure what he challenged but the shot was in......

How does a puck hit the crossbar and be in the net at the same time? It would be all over social media by now if a goal was missed.

Reactions: Lycanthrope

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
Doesn't matter now, sometimes in the O a goal isn't a goal, can work both ways. I don't know if it was, but it isn't on the score sheet so it wasn't, could be either team in that situation.

Should be a good game tonight, it will be interesting to see how the tight schedule, travel and play off hockey affects both teams. Mistakes will really matter tonight.

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
I'm worried about the psychological effect of the game two loss on the fish. This is a young team. Hopefully coach can get them to focus on the positives and play like the series is 0-0.
I'm afraid to say it but I could see a Wolves blowout win tonight after that game. I hope I'm wrong.
I may be mistaken but I think the last time Sudbury knocked us out of the playoffs we were the Icedogs and it was the last game for that franchise here in Mississauga. The travelling Sudbury fans really gave us the gears rubbing in the fact that our team was not only knocked out but leaving altogether. I have yet to forgive Sudbury for the emotional pain of that night
Well the last time the Wolves beat Mississauga was during the 2007 run in the first round. They were the underdogs. We lost to them in 2011 so I’m not sure how your timeline adds up. I’m sure not everyone in Sudbury was happy your team was leaving but I can understand how you feel.

Last edited:

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
Delete.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad