Missed the preseason, what's the deal with Stolarz?

Goose

Apr 18, 2006
I'm a little behind with the season starting, don't know anything about the guy really, but in the glimpses of the games I've seen he looks solid.

Don't know enough about goaltending to properly judge, but he seems calmer / less scrambly than what we've seen with Sammy/Campbell over the past few years.

Small sample of course, curious what people here see his potential/ceiling as and how he's likely to fit? Could Stolarz/Woll be a 1A/1B shared workload situation? Or is Woll the clear #1 at this point?

I assume Murray is just a straight backup? Nobody really expects him to compete for a #1 or 1B position?

• Haha
Reactions: Maple Leaf

seanlinden

Apr 28, 2009
I'm a little behind with the season starting, don't know anything about the guy really, but in the glimpses of the games I've seen he looks solid.

Don't know enough about goaltending to properly judge, but he seems calmer / less scrambly than what we've seen with Sammy/Campbell over the past few years.

Small sample of course, curious what people here see his potential/ceiling as and how he's likely to fit? Could Stolarz/Woll be a 1A/1B shared workload situation? Or is Woll the clear #1 at this point?

I assume Murray is just a straight backup? Nobody really expects him to compete for a #1 or 1B position?

At this point in time.... Matt Murray is probably "#4" on the depth charts (even though the Leafs would never say that out of fear of putting too much on Hildeby), just by virtue of the fact that Hildeby can bounce between without fear of waivers, and if Murray spends too much time on the roster, will have to clear waivers again (problem the Leafs ran into with Martin Jones last year).

TopCheeseShotta

Mar 1, 2020
He's a G.

All I know is he needs to be known as "Stollllly the Goallllie!!!"

Sung to Roy Orbison's "Only the Lonely", ala Olaf Kolzig (Oli), back in the day.

F - - -, I'm old..!

Reactions: Ianturnedbull

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012
If his recent good health isn't an illusion, he's as good as anyone out there. Had better numbers than Bob last year on the cup champs and is a .918% goalie the in his 80+ starts the last few years playing most of them on a bad Ducks team.

Hope he keeps it rolling.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad