Miscellaneous NHL Discussion XCV: Second Round

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who will be the 2023 Cup Champ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
Reposting my inevitably incorrect round 2 predictions for self-reference. :laugh:

Toronto over Florida in 5
NJ over Carolina in 6
Dallas over Seattle in 5
Edmonton over Vegas in 7

Reactions: renberg

Gregor Samsa

Sep 5, 2020
I don't think it's as bad as Kronwalling, myself. Allowing those hits with the insane justification that he isn't at fault because he isn't consciously aiming since he's going backwards reeked of pro-O6 bias. The Trouba hit can be argued clean (I haven't decided how I feel because apparently I still harbor massive anti-NJ bias so I'll just not bother), but there isn't any universe where Kronwalling should have been reasonably unpunished.

If Kronwall were a Flyer, I am positive he gets lit up for it. The people running the league will still proudly profess an ongoing hatred of the Flyers because they were a mean team for a couple years 50 years ago and they were raised to hate them.
When I mentioned Kronwall I didn’t mean the technique of the hit but the bad intentions behind it. The thing is, Meier put himself in a really bad position and I don’t think the league can protect players who put themselves in a bad position because if you are a player, why not put yourself in a bad position all the time and be deemed untouchable? My opinion is that the intention was dirty but the hit was not. No way to really take that type of hit out of the game unless you make the blue line hit illegal

• Wow
Reactions: Beef Invictus

Chicken N Raffls

Here for the chaos and lolz
Nov 7, 2022
Douglassville
I replied too late, but RE: Chapelle gif @CanadianFlyer88

20230501_231307.gif

Last edited:

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Rangers are a good example of a team that stopped the rebuild too soon.
46% xGF last season, 49% this season, without Shesterkin they're not even a playoff team.

Gregor Samsa

Sep 5, 2020
46% xGF last season, 49% this season, without Shesterkin they're not even a playoff team.
It also doesn’t help help that their two top 2 picks have been massive disappointments. If they were star caliber players Rags would probably be a serious contender. Lucky for us they are looking like semi-busts

Reactions: BiggE

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland

Most of the Ranger's 1st round picks have been busts or are struggling in NHL

Lias Andersson (7th overall)
Filip Chytil (21st overall)

Vitali Kravtsov (9th overall)
K'Andre Miller (22nd overall)
Nils Lundkvist (28th overall)

Kaapo Kakko (2nd overall)

Alexis Lafreniere (1st overall)
Braden Schneider (19th overall)

Brennan Othmann (16th overall)

If not for FA and a few shrewd trades the Rangers would be abysmal with bleak present and future.

Reactions: renberg

Flyerfan4life

Jun 9, 2010
Richmond BC, Canada
Most of the Ranger's 1st round picks have been busts or are struggling in NHL

Lias Andersson (7th overall)
Filip Chytil (21st overall)

Vitali Kravtsov (9th overall)
K'Andre Miller (22nd overall)
Nils Lundkvist (28th overall)

Kaapo Kakko (2nd overall)

Alexis Lafreniere (1st overall)
Braden Schneider (19th overall)

Brennan Othmann (16th overall)

If not for FA and a few shrewd trades the Rangers would be abysmal with bleak present and future.
now do the Flyers...🤫

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Did the Blackhawks organization get any reprimand at all from the league? Or just Q taking the fall? (He should never have another NHL job again. IMO, He should feel lucky he's not in jail for enabling a sex offender).

The fact that they have a good shot at a generational draft pick is sickening as well.

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
Three first time matchups and one we haven't seen in 14 years. That's the kind of playoff stuff I like to see
I think it got mentioned here, but we’ve also got a bunch of teams that have either never won a Cup, or haven’t won one in a long time.

The most recent winner still around is Carolina in 2006, then the Devils in 2003. Everybody else was pre-2000 or are Cupless. That definitely beats yet another year with one of f***ing Pittsburgh/Chicago/LA making the finals again.

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
I think it got mentioned here, but we’ve also got a bunch of teams that have either never won a Cup, or haven’t won one in a long time.

The most recent winner still around is Carolina in 2006, then the Devils in 2003. Everybody else was pre-2000 or are Cupless. That definitely beats yet another year with one of f***ing Pittsburgh/Chicago/LA making the finals again.
It's been five years since it happened as is, but I'm happy that Pittsburgh-Washington every year is finally, undoubtedly dead for the foreseeable future

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad