NHL Talk Miscellaneous NHL Discussion CIX: Processing a Tremendous Amount of Insane Information

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Probably the end for our old friend.

His signing was right at the early Hextall era, so hard to tell how much attention he got thanks to Holmgren or if that was purely a Hextallian project. If the latter, then he will be finished because Hextall Spite. If the former, it's a coin-toss chance that he's signed here.

He can't be allowed to simply retire, after all. The Flyers can't let guys do that before they play here. Depends on if they feel like efforting it and if he wants it.

Reactions: Flyerfan4life

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
I saw Cutter scored last night.

Man those Ducks jerseys are awful. They've got to be the worst ones I've seen in a long time.
Maybe I'm getting old, but these current jersey trends don't speak to me at all. First the neon nonsense, and now teams seem be on a mission to make their uniforms as colorful as humanly possible.

Gone are the days when hockey players actually looked cool in their gear.

flyersnorth

Oct 7, 2019
Maybe I'm getting old, but these current jersey trends don't speak to me at all. First the neon nonsense, and now teams seem be on a mission to make their uniforms as colorful as humanly possible.

It's all a cash grab. Planned obsolescence.

Reactions: TCTC

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I don't think the Bruins have handled this all that well, but since they're at a real impasse I would be tempted to just let Swayman sit out the season. They would probably still make the playoffs, and have just as many fans at their games.

ponder719

M-M-M-Matvei and the Jett
Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA

I don't think it's solely about getting old; I'm getting old too, and I absolutely love that teams have recognized that there are more colors than red, white, blue, and black. I've been playing sports video games since Blades of Steel and RBI Baseball, and one thing I always wanted was to know which team I was playing even when the sprite was pixelated nonsense; the best way to do that was to have a unique color scheme, or at least a unique color balance. (The Oilers being orange dominant with blue and white, and the Isles being blue dominant with orange and white, for example.) Obviously, there aren't 32 completely unique colorways, but if you can do something to make yourself stand out, do it. That said, keep it in your team's color scheme or have a reason why you're stepping out (like Toronto's St. Pats throwbacks), the Stars' highlighter shirts are stupid as hell.

I happen to support West Ham in soccer, and nothing annoys me more than seeing claret and blue at a glance, then finding out it's actually Aston Villa or Burnley on the TV. Give me more uniqueness, do something that makes you different from everyone else.

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
what the hell is going on with this hair. Anaheim HC

hq720.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: Schwarbomb

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Markstrom almost has to be better than the Devil goalies from last season, but at 34 he's no sure thing, given his recent record (GA-xGA)/60:
2020-21: +0.39
2021-22: -0.24
2022-23: +0.18
2023-24: -0.34
NJ goalies
2023-24: +0.17

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
His signing was right at the early Hextall era, so hard to tell how much attention he got thanks to Holmgren or if that was purely a Hextallian project. If the latter, then he will be finished because Hextall Spite. If the former, it's a coin-toss chance that he's signed here.

He can't be allowed to simply retire, after all. The Flyers can't let guys do that before they play here. Depends on if they feel like efforting it and if he wants it.
Reportedly, he's headed for the SHL.
Probably end up pulling a "Jagr" and end his career in the Swiss league.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad