NHL Talk Miscellaneous NHL Discussion CIX: Processing a Tremendous Amount of Insane Information

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

freakydallas13

Jan 30, 2007
Victoria, BC
Buffalo will still be a cautionary tale. They've been dead last in P% over 13 seasons. Last playoff appareance was when Lavi used 3 goalies to beat them in 2011.

They've had more wins than the Flyers 3 seasons in a row at this point.

The Flyers also haven't won a cup in 50 years, so we're right up there in "cautionary tale" territory.

Last edited:

freakydallas13

Jan 30, 2007
Victoria, BC
What was Buffalo even a cautionary tale about? Bad managerial and coaching hires stacked one after another, wasting the talent they did have? There's nothing unique about that, and it should hit pretty close to home.
We see Buffalo and think "you can't talent your way out of bad management and bad coaching", others see Buffalo and think "tanking didn't work for them, therefore the Flyers shouldn't tank".

Eye of the beholder and all that.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
We see Buffalo and think "you can't talent your way out of bad management and bad coaching", others see Buffalo and think "tanking didn't work for them, therefore the Flyers shouldn't tank".

Eye of the beholder and all that.

What about not even trying to talent your way out of bad management and coaching?

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY

I demand a Moose call-up during the regular season so Sabretooth can have some nights off and not damage his shirt and sock throwing arm.
Last time we had an evacuation at work I was sitting right where Moose was. A flood had happened somewhere in the courthouse the night before, then they were working on the AC and an electric control box exploded in a guy's face. Guy was luckily fine but once it gets over 80 degrees in the building we get go to home and we did.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Last time we had an evacuation at work I was sitting right where Moose was. A flood had happened somewhere in the courthouse the night before, then they were working on the AC and an electric control box exploded in a guy's face. Guy was luckily fine but once it gets over 80 degrees in the building we get go to home and we did.

I don't think people fully get how horrifying electricity is. Our homes have terror pumping through the walls. We harness the terror for light.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
... in the first 4 minutes. Laine's injury has every look of a serious one.

And Xhekaj took revenge:

This is one of the real dangers of preseason. You’ve got a guy who people think is just trying to get on the radar trying to hit someone big, I guess Laine is still a star player, but Pare is a 25 year old with zero NHL games. And looking at his numbers, it’s not really clear where his path to getting the first one is, he only stuck in the AHL last season and guessing as a third liner at best. But it is that for good reasons - he isn’t a good player, not good enough to defend a player like Laine, and if he’s made a mistake on a play like this, he becomes more of a hazard than anything. Two players used to two different paces, and when they collide it becomes a car crash

Reactions: Curufinwe

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
I don't think people fully get how horrifying electricity is. Our homes have terror pumping through the walls. We harness the terror for light.

Sounds like you need one of those Generators for Patriots. The only thing in my walls is freedom.

(My wife is going to kill me if I don't shut up about that commercial, so I need to get it out of my system.)

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Sounds like you need one of those Generators for Patriots. The only thing in my walls is freedom.

(My wife is going to kill me if I don't shut up about that commercial, so I need to get it out of my system.)
"Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose . . ." and if that generator isn't connected right, you may be free.

• Haha
Reactions: JojoTheWhale

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Cam Neely publicly claiming the Bruins offered Swayman 8 x 8 when they apparently haven’t got near that total, is some real bullshit. Makes the Flyers management look good by comparison.

ponder719

M-M-M-Matvei and the Jett
Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Cam Neely publicly claiming the Bruins offered Swayman 8 x 8 when they apparently haven’t got near that total, is some real bullshit. Makes the Flyers management look good by comparison.

Someone on here came up with the depressingly plausible theory that Neely just can't do math, and thinks 8x6 is 64.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad