NHL Talk Miscellaneous NHL Discussion CIX: Processing a Tremendous Amount of Insane Information

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Robertson is toast in TO.

On the backcheck, instead of skating back hard, he did the "push your teammate in tte ass with your stick" to Nylander.

Except he pushed Nylander to the ice who then had his head collide with the knee of a Mtl player. Nylander left the game.

Mid period analysts ripped Robertson. Expect a trade before the season starts...then sign MaxP.

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
Robertson is toast in TO.

On the backcheck, instead of skating back hard, he did the "push your teammate in tte ass with your stick" to Nylander.

Except he pushed Nylander to the ice who then had his head collide with the knee of a Mtl player. Nylander left the game.

Mid period analysts ripped Robertson. Expect a trade before the season starts...then sign MaxP.
To me it looked like Nylander was trying to draw a penalty, but he didn't realize it was his own teammate who pushed him. Now they both look like idiots.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Jun 19, 2018
From that 5 second clip, that looks like a defender who got caught flat-footed and indecisive, who tried to play the body/slow down a guy he knows is going past him in a last ditch effort. I think the knee to knee contact was an unfortunate accident. The only "intent to injure" was the MTL player who assaulted the guy on the Leafs and was called a rockstar for it

freakydallas13

Jan 30, 2007
Victoria, BC
I'm calling it now, when Buffalo finally stops being a dumpster fire the narrative from the anti-tank crew will change from "you want to end up like Buffalo?" to "Buffalo got lucky and took forever to be good, you can't emulate that".

The point that they will have no teams to point at for cautionary tales against tanking after that will be entirely lost on them.

Last edited:

ellja3

May 19, 2014
Ķekava, Latvia
I'm calling it now, when Buffalo finally stops being a dumpster fire the narrative from the anti-tank crew will change from "you want to end up like Buffalo?" to "Buffalo got lucky and took forever to be good, you can't emulate that".

The point that they will have no teams to point at for cautionary tales against tanking after that will be entirely lost on them.

How many years are we waiting for Buffalo to exit the dumpster fire territory tho? I am not disagreeing with the rest of your post's notion.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014

Toronto?

If it takes two decades of tanking to finally win a few playoff games . . .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad