NHL Talk Miscellaneous NHL Discussion CIX: Processing a Tremendous Amount of Insane Information

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
1719320197374.jpeg

Bobrovsky was 4th in Conn Smythe voting and Mark Spector voted for 2 Oilers. Jim Matheson voted for 3

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
Neither was ever a legit prospect, but I just realized this is the second year in a row that a former Flyers prospect/Phantom won the Calder Cup for Hershey in OT (Vecchione, Strome) and I find it amusing.

Reactions: VladDrag

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
McDavid set the all time record for assists in the playoffs en route to scoring the 3rd most points ever, and also delivered 2 consecutive 4 point games in elimination games in the finals. Comn Smythe all day. He's in that rare territory where really only LeBron was (up until like 2019). It's the rare situation where he's so much better than everyone else that people are clawing for reasons to NOT give him all the awards at this point.

He was in the middle of basically every Oilers close chance in the 3rd to boot. He dragged them all the way to game 7 of the Cup

ponder719

The same New Era as before
Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Let the Bill Zito worshipping commence, I guess?

Commence? I was banging the drum for Zito since before we hired Fletcher. (Granted, that was mainly because I was positive Fletcher was a dud, and given the choice between guaranteed failure and mystery box, give me the mystery box every time.) Dude's done nothing since but build his franchise's first Cup winner, so I'd say he's earned some praise.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Commence? I was banging the drum for Zito since before we hired Fletcher. (Granted, that was mainly because I was positive Fletcher was a dud, and given the choice between guaranteed failure and mystery box, give me the mystery box every time.) Dude's done nothing since but build his franchise's first Cup winner, so I'd say he's earned some praise.

I also favored the mystery box. As I put it, why would we ever want to hire the architect of the Wild?

Reactions: Amorgus and Fasu

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
Since 1993 a dozen Cups have gone to teams from desert states or Florida. Hockey isn't a Canadian sport anymore. It's a hot weather sport.

It seems a lot of guys don’t want to play up here.

From the weather, taxes, media, Trudeau’s BS, etc.

As much as I’d love for Can to win one, can’t blame a lot of these guys. I think it’s good Florida won it, happy for the fans there.

Reactions: Flyerfan4life

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Guys, Bettman has been shaking for about a decade. That's why his voice was so....I'll say recognizable. And he also had the shoulder thing. Those are early onset tremors.

Could be idiopathic, could be Parkinson's, could be cold. No real use speculating

He has the shakes from a southern team moving to *puke* WINNIPEG

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I could see the Jets wanting Farabee. He's 24 with 4 years left at a reasonable $5m.

Farabee for Namestnikov + 2nd - Flyers get fleeced cause the league knows Farabee is on Tortorella's shit list

ponder719

Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I could see the Jets wanting Farabee. He's 24 with 4 years left at a reasonable $5m.

Farabee for Namestnikov + 2nd - Flyers get fleeced cause the league knows Farabee is on Tortorella's shit list

Ah, let's dream big. Farabee and the Columbus #2 (let the Jest deal with Waddell over that one) for McGroarty and one of their jank-ass contracts, let's call it Schmidt for the sake of argument.

Reactions: TheKingPin

ponder719

Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Maybe Joel F + 32 for Rutger M

That works for me, too, but I fully expect they'll want to move money, and I'm damn sure not giving up Farabee and 32 AND taking a contract back. There are limits to my flights of fancy.

Was it the Roughriders or the Rough Riders?

It was the Baltimore CFL {REDACTED}, though I think they were legally called the Stallions by that point.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad