NHL Talk Miscellaneous NHL Discussion CIII: 2024 Stanley Cup Playoffs for Thee

Chicken N Raffls

Here for the chaos and lolz
Nov 7, 2022
Douglassville
d664wu9-516188cd-3920-42d5-9b3e-d5ba8cfac81b.gif
Can't deny I miss him a little.bit. I grew up on Deady. More than that, just hope everything is ok.

Edit: just tried to PM him and his name doesn't come up. Kinda worried

Last edited:

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Sounds like Seattle cut Hakstol not just because of players but because they figured out he’s coaching boring ass hockey. Wouldn’t be shocked if Ron Francis is cut because they want to be aggressive and he is the opposite

The wildest thing is that he was downright aggressive compared to what he was here. They even got AV to try and pretend to be a defensive coach. Gives one a notion of what management has been asking of their coaches.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
The wildest thing is that he was downright aggressive compared to what he was here. They even got AV to try and pretend to be a defensive coach. Gives one a notion of what management has been asking of their coaches.
Well, at some point have to learn from what failed you. But what did we see in Seattle?

Year 1 - a team not as good as they thought
Year 2 - everybody has career years and they make the playoffs
Year 3 - regress across the board

feel like I saw that here. The difference being he made the playoffs in year 1 here and was fired midseason once they figured out the season was cooked. I bet if he stayed they make the playoffs there next year and bounce again after it. He’s a rinse and repeat guy.

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
Kings get 2 goals from guys that I think I'm the only one here who would know who they are.
I watch far more western teams than eastern teams, but this is untrue specifically because I keep tabs on the Kings periodically to check in on Byfield (and Vilardi before he was traded). :p:

Reactions: pit and BiggE

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Rob Blake has to be getting fired, or removed. Dubois is one of the bigger disasters we’ve seen. They lose to the Oilers 3 years in a row, getting further away each time.
Wonder if they try and cut bait with PLD before his NMC kicks in July 1st.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Wonder if they try and cut bait with PLD before his NMC kicks in July 1st.

I had said before they wouldn’t buy him out but now I’m not so sure. His buyout is forever but it’s only 1/3 if done this year.

Also think he was on the move for Ullmark at the deadline.

• Wow
Reactions: Curufinwe

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Maybe if Boston flame out in the first round again they will revisit that trade...

freakydallas13

Jan 30, 2007
Victoria, BC

It must be really frustrating for Lightning players to not have a coach that has his mind made up and knows how to act. Just a huge lack of experience and accountability. Flyers are in great hands. How many wins does Cooper have??

Excuse me, which coach came out on top the last time they met in a playoff series? Best respect.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hollywood Cannon

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad