NHL Talk Miscellaneous NHL Discussion CIII: 2024 Stanley Cup Playoffs for Thee

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
For me it was rooting for the Bruins. I'm not sure that all of the slime came off of me in the shower for doing this.
I was certainly not rooting for the Rangers but rather enjoying when anything negative happened to either of them or the Capitals. If the Rangers scored, I'd relish the disappointment the Caps players and, by extension, their fans exhibited and then hope they would score to equally disappoint the Rangers and their fans. Full-on bipolar schadenfreude. :)

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
I only wanted the Caps to lose (not exactly a stretch of a wish) so Hershey would have all its players back by playoff time (which they now will). The Rags can go love themselves literally every other time. :)

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
i have no dog in the fight i dont care who wins or loss' but seeing the TML burnout never gets old
The curse of Tavares. It’s what happens when a rebuild is abandoned.
Actually the Leafs had a solid rebuild going until they blew their cap signing him. Since doing that they’ve had no room to fix the D and never found a goalie. Instead they’ve filled their club with cheap, or what should have been cheap, plugs.

Reactions: orangey

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
1714416047339.gif

BackToTheBrierePatch

Justice for Cricket
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
There's been a rather desperate and insane cadre of Caps fans who, despite their team being one of two in the East who don't deserve the playoffs, were completely certain that Wilson would cause New York to completely unravel and the Caps would win the series handily.

The NYR fans I deal with are all sane and rational and therefore I rejoice in the band of local crazies being flummoxed.
Reading the post series thread on the main boards I would not call them rational. I call them cocky and over confident. The same rational fanbase who defend Trouba after he delivers one of his many questionable hits.
Screw that team and their fanbase

I will never root against the Bruins' opponent.
Screw the Bruins and their fanbase as well

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
Screw that team and their fanbase
I'm just flummoxed by the absolute legion of ex-New Yorkers who have moved to the south and raised children here, but still can't stop going on about how wonderful New York City is.

Like, if it's such a magical place, why are you here?!

Ad

Upcoming events

• Austria vs Finland
    Austria vs Finland
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $1,377.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Sweden vs Kazakhstan
    Sweden vs Kazakhstan
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $1,050.00