NHL Talk Miscellaneous NHL Discussion CIII: 2024 Stanley Cup Playoffs for Thee

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
Caps get into the playoffs due to a stupid goalie pull by the Flyers and their eliminaton is confirmed via a stupid goalie pull of their own.
1714358656009.gif

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Wilson pulled a kadri. Rags with powerplay to start the 2nd.

There's been a rather desperate and insane cadre of Caps fans who, despite their team being one of two in the East who don't deserve the playoffs, were completely certain that Wilson would cause New York to completely unravel and the Caps would win the series handily.

The NYR fans I deal with are all sane and rational and therefore I rejoice in the band of local crazies being flummoxed.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Chuckling tonight at the Flyers would have done better takes. The team was totally gassed and sick of their coach with a month left.

Not that I consider Lavi a strong game planning genius, but Tortorella doesn't even try. And Lavi's system from Nashville on is vastly more flexible at its base than Tortorella's without giving anything up defensively. Add the talent gulf and I can't think of any reason why it wouldn't have been a sweep as well. That's without even trying to figure out how/if the strife matters.

Reactions: BiggE

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Not that I consider Lavi a strong game planning genius, but Tortorella doesn't even try. And Lavi's system from Nashville on is vastly more flexible at its base than Tortorella's without giving anything up defensively. Add the talent gulf and I can't think of any reason why it wouldn't have been a sweep as well. That's without even trying to figure out how/if the strife matters.
Only way it happens is if Ersson steals a game like Neuvith did. You see the serious people in this have raised their level. Flyers had to pump themselves up just to prove they didn’t quit on themselves.

They have up goals to 6 defensemen vs COLUMBUS

NINE GOALS TO MONTREAL.

All those people can just save it. They can be the meme of the kid sitting in class with the veins popping out of his face like he’s holding in a giant shit

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
LA better score because no way they keep up this pace

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
Rooting for the Rangers for this round only was one of the most disgusting things I've ever had to do as a hockey fan. Not that the outcome was ever really in doubt.
Well they play Canes next which is gonna be a major adjustment when it comes to pace of the play. Then you can enjoy Trouba and co chasing the play.

Reactions: BiggE

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad