NHL Talk Miscellaneous NHL Discussion CIII: 2024 Stanley Cup Playoffs for Thee

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
This series is a good example that playoff experience is a huge factor. The Avalanche have already won a Cup. They have that extra bit of confidence and no self-doubt like you see in teams like Winnipeg or Toronto.
You can be one of the best teams during regular season, but winning a playoff series is still a big hurdle.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
This series is a good example that playoff experience is a huge factor. The Avalanche have already won a Cup. They have that extra bit of confidence and no self-doubt like you see in teams like Winnipeg or Toronto.
You can be one of the best teams during regular season, but winning a playoff series is still a big hurdle.
Knowing how to offense is too.

Brossoit replaces Hellebuyck

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg

Winnipeg has neglected the defense for a long time now.

It’s been a fatal flaw for years, and would be further exposed if not for Helle.

They will be good again next season, but they badly needed someone like Tanev at the deadline.

I’d stick with the core as is, but Connor is a major disappointment.

I’d be open to moving Ehlers to a stupid team like the Flyers who will look at past performance.

Last edited:

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Yeah, pressure is very much off for the Avs. They're proven. They don't need to try and force anything. You can really see some of these guys on some teams looking like they're about to explode. Colorado, TB, they're just doing their normal thing. There's a relaxation.

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
Winnipeg has neglected the defense for a long time now.

It’s been a fatal flaw for years, and would be further exposed if not for Helle.

They will be good again next season, but they badly needed someone like Tanev at the deadline.

I’d stick with the core as is, but Connor is a major disappointment.

I’d be open to moving Ehlers to a stupid team like the Flyers who will look at past performance.
I thought that they would have made a try at getting Walker, Seeler or both at the TDL

Flyerfan4life

Jun 9, 2010
Richmond BC, Canada
Yeah, pressure is very much off for the Avs. They're proven. They don't need to try and force anything. You can really see some of these guys on some teams looking like they're about to explode. Colorado, TB, they're just doing their normal thing. There's a relaxation.
wait so ur sayin "just get in" isnt a good #rebuilding strategy ?

🤣🤣

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad