GDT: Minsk Dinamo versus St-Petersburg SKA - October 10th, 12:30 EST - The Plot Thickens

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Russians have long memories. This comes from on high and is because of us whisking Petr Svoboda from behind the Iron Curtain during Cold War days. This is pay back.

rahad

Feb 3, 2016
montreal
We can't. But it's Russia.

IIRC, Michkov's agent is the one who fronted the money in buying out his contract, probably through his agency.

Hughes, as an ex-agent, might just have the pull to make it happen.
He won't. Flyers did it in the summer after one year of contract. We are already in the middle of the season. He won't try to bring him now. Sadly, we will only see him next year.

if they are not going to make him play. I hope they send him down or trade him to another club.

SannywithoutCompy

Dec 22, 2020
It's such a bizarre strategy to me too, if anything should happen in the future where Demidov is done with the NHL, he's not going to want to go back to SKA after this treatment

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
We can't. But it's Russia.

IIRC, Michkov's agent is the one who fronted the money in buying out his contract, probably through his agency.

Hughes, as an ex-agent, might just have the pull to make it happen.

He won't. Flyers did it in the summer after one year of contract. We are already in the middle of the season. He won't try to bring him now. Sadly, we will only see him next year.

if they are not going to make him play. I hope they send him down or trade him to another club.

Keep in mind, Michkov took the proper steps to terminate his own contract. That's very likely why Rotenberg never even gave him the time of day.
The Flyers merely fronted the buy-out fee that Michkov was required to pay as part of the termination.

Demidov is in a totally different situation.

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
It’s pure blackmail. Just for clarity, I don’t mean blackmail in the criminal sense but as in putting the other’s balls in a vice grip during a negotiation.
There’s two possible targets. Pressuring Demidov to sign with SKA. Unlikely. Or forcing the Habs to pay big for a transfer. Very likely. And his lever point is Demidov’s development and mental sanity.

Molson better be careful if he plays hardball to Rotenberg's extortion.
The shady Russians will unleash Ivan Drago on Montreal. If Molson dies, he dies.

SKA tried the same with Michkov, but Rocky is from Philadelphia so Drago got ktfo. Then Michkov scored 2 points. It was a good day for freedom.

• Haha
Reactions: Hanji

DesmondDekker

Let's diddly go !
Sep 11, 2006
Canada
More annoyingly is Larionov is playing Artamonov in the top 6, a severely lesser prospect from the same draft class and is being rewarded with like 18 pts.
Was about to say this, imagine Demidov playing for Larionov and getting 3x more minutes than he gets with SKA.. safe to say he’d have at least as many points as Artamonov, who projects as a middle six guy. Decent skill set, but Demidov is in another stratosphere.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad