Minnesota Wild General Discussion 2024-25

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
I think if Rossi has a good season on this line they might try and sell high on him
I don't understand why Guerin has been (rumored to be) in a hurry to move Rossi, when all Rossi has done is heeded the advice he's received, improved every single year without fail, plays a very important position, and, if he continues to progress this year, does it at a level that is quite good.

Reactions: Soldier13Fox

ctmagic

Jan 15, 2013
Love what we are seeing from Rossi with his development. That being said, a package with him and pick/prospect (not Yurov) for a truly elite level scoring winger with some size… sign me up.

Soldier13Fox

jävlar anamma (f'ing embrace, get with it)
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
I think if Rossi has a good season on this line they might try and sell high on him
I mean, if the return is high enough anyone and everyone should be fair game for a trade. That said, I think Billy is a fool to trade Rossi for anything less than a slam dunk W trade. I think Rossi is just getting better and better..

P10p

May 15, 2012
Off topic but looks like Iowa is off to another abysmal start. Hope they can get a W tonight.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Obviously if there's a trade out there that makes us better (not that the Gretzky trade made Edmonton better), then by all means. But if he trades him because he's 5'9" and it allows him to bring in another Trenin or two, I would find it to be a high probability of a mistake.
Has he done this at all?

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Has he done this at all?
I don't think so. Just using it as an example of how a Rossi trade could be displeasing to me. Let's not pretend that he doesn't have an affinity for those types of players. Just loosely piecing that together with all of the Rossi trade smoke from last year (which I am mostly hoping is just smoke).

And to be clear, I wasn't saying 'trading Rossi for a Trenin-type'. But more of a 'not paying Rossi ~$5M+ on his next contract so he can go get another Trenin-type in UFA' (aka limited-skilled depth forward).

Now, if he uses Rossi to get a good 24 year old RD to play with Buium for the next 10 years, the equation changes a bit.

Reactions: Soldier13Fox

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
Rossi is too good to trade. Kid is becoming a conscientious defender and looks like a lock to be a 50+ pt producer. He’s not going to command more than $5M longterm unless he explodes. And even then, you happily pay him. Heidt & Yurov likely never become that good. Foolish to bet on that

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
I don't think so. Just using it as an example of how a Rossi trade could be displeasing to me. Let's not pretend that he doesn't have an affinity for those types of players. Just loosely piecing that together with all of the Rossi trade smoke from last year (which I am mostly hoping is just smoke).

And to be clear, I wasn't saying 'trading Rossi for a Trenin-type'. But more of a 'not paying Rossi ~$5M+ on his next contract so he can go get another Trenin-type in UFA' (aka limited-skilled depth forward).

Now, if he uses Rossi to get a good 24 year old RD to play with Buium for the next 10 years, the equation changes a bit.
Gotcha. I was wondering if you were targeting trading Fiala as the comparable while Foligno/Hartman both received mid sized contracts (Zucc too, but he produces).

Don't think there is anything terrible with having Trenin or Foligno type players on the team. The bottom 6 is much improved as compared to last year. If a trade were to happen, the return is what is important. An ELC player+pick and then signing a $3M forward to improve depth wouldn't be the end of the world. Rossi should be kept though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad