Minnesota Wild General Discussion 2024-25

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Russo late night drop alluding to Spurgeon dealing with a setback related to his injuries from last season. Huge blow if true. You gotta wonder if he starts to look at being an LTIR candidate moving forward. We can’t afford to keep throwing away another 7.5M every year.

Russo article

The article has a lot of speculation from Russo. It reads more like an opinion piece than his normal hockey reporting articles. There is a lot of fluff in it too.

This is even the opening line:
First, to be fair, we don’t know what’s going on yet with Jared Spurgeon.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
If it IS the same injury, then he needs to be put on LTIR. We can't afford to deal with this on and off all freaking year again.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
My apologies in advance if this comes off as a stupid question....but when Wallstedt gets reassigned to Iowa, and the team knows it will be only for 1 day, does he need to physically report to the Iowa team in Des Moines, or do they just take him off the active roster and he can sit at home and watch the game on tv?

Saga of the Elk

Honoured Person
May 31, 2008
My apologies in advance if this comes off as a stupid question....but when Wallstedt gets reassigned to Iowa, and the team knows it will be only for 1 day, does he need to physically report to the Iowa team in Des Moines, or do they just take him off the active roster and he can sit at home and watch the game on tv?
He can chill unless they're planning to play him.

Remember when Vancouver's AHL affiliate was in Utica, New York?

Reactions: MuckOG

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
When he played last year, he was playing 23 a night. Hasn't averaged under 21 since his rookie year.

I'm very much more pro-Spurgeon than others on here, so I'm pretty optimistic about him being able to effectively ride out the rest of the contract at the ~20 minute mark.
(Stolen from the Buium thread and moved here to stay on topic)

This is one of the times that I hope you are right. But, if Spurgeon’s current setback has to do with his surgeries/etc from last season, I do not feel confident going forward.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I mean, Wallstedt needs to get some games, somewhere, doesn't he? How is he going to stay sharp?

I don't see him being recalled until they know what's going on with Spurgeon. They really need to have a pressbox d-man.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I don't understand how we are so bad on the PK. I don't think it's a personnel problem, but more of a coaching problem. Right now we are close to being as bad as we were last year, when we were worst in the league.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I don't understand how we are so bad on the PK. I don't think it's a personnel problem, but more of a coaching problem. Right now we are close to being as bad as we were last year, when we were worst in the league.

I agree that coaching is a problem. I question the choice of PKers the team uses.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
It's a good thing we completely bypassed a proper search for a new coach, so we could simply hire a friend.

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
Can't be unhappy with 4 points in 3 games, without Ek and Spurgeon in one of them.

But I don't understand why they re-signed a goalie who's 40 next month. Wallstedt must be frustrated, he should be on the team by now as the backup for Gus.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad