Minnesota Wild General Discussion 2024-25

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Circulartheory

Apr 22, 2006
Hong Kong
I’m this close to closing down that mainboard Kaprizov thread. Sheesh, what a dumb clickbait topic.
I'm all for speculation, its a hockey fan forum after all ... but even the imagined logic doesn't make sense. "He wants to win -> so he wants to go to Chicago who was one the worst team in the NHL for the last 2 seasons"

Forsbergaura21

Jul 20, 2024
Chisholm - how has he looked in pre-season and last season for you?

Where do you expect him to play this season? 3rd pair with some PP time?

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018

3rd pair and can move up if any injuries. Doubt he gets pp time with Faber and Spurg in the lineup

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
3rd pair and can move up if any injuries. Doubt he gets pp time with Faber and Spurg in the lineup
There is a post in the Hunt thread that said he is ready for the NHL. Will be interesting to see how the team operates with Brodin-Middleton-Chisholm-Hunt-Merrill for LHD and Buium expected to sign at the end of the year.

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN

Looking good, stands out with his skill, skating and passing, defense has been acceptable too with room for some small improvements there with experience.

He’s third pair with Bogosian currently but should get some pretty good minutes and he is currently battling with Faber for PP1 in camp. I think he likely ends up PP2 and jumps up if PP1 slumps.

The challenge will be finding a fit long term for him here, if Buium advances to the NHL after his college season this year then he will be a bit redundant. The prospect pool is also filled with some other puck moving lefties too, so depending on their development, he may be less in demand next off-season.

I would expect a good year for him this season based on his situation though, MN likes using their D a lot on low to high forechecking plays, he should be put into lots of situations to succeed playing against weaker opponents while the Faber and Spurgeon pairs take most of tough assignments.

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
There is a post in the Hunt thread that said he is ready for the NHL. Will be interesting to see how the team operates with Brodin-Middleton-Chisholm-Hunt-Merrill for LHD and Buium expected to sign at the end of the year.
Having too many nhl ready dman isn’t bad. Merrill should be fired into the sun prior to this season starting. He’s just garbage. Brodin will miss his usual 15-20 games like clockwork

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
Spurgeon is focusing PK and not PP moving forward per some recent reports, not that they won’t go back to him in a pinch, but Chisholm will get the opportunities on the PP first per the coach.

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
Looking good, stands out with his skill, skating and passing, defense has been acceptable too with room for some small improvements there with experience.

He’s third pair with Bogosian currently but should get some pretty good minutes and he is currently battling with Faber for PP1 in camp. I think he likely ends up PP2 and jumps up if PP1 slumps.

The challenge will be finding a fit long term for him here, if Buium advances to the NHL after his college season this year then he will be a bit redundant. The prospect pool is also filled with some other puck moving lefties too, so depending on their development, he may be less in demand next off-season.

I would expect a good year for him this season based on his situation though, MN likes using their D a lot on low to high forechecking plays, he should be put into lots of situations to succeed playing against weaker opponents while the Faber and Spurgeon pairs take most of tough assignments.
If Buium comes in as advertised then you can look to trade Brodin and if Chisholm shows real value he can be moved if hunt turns up the pressure. We need a legit top 6 scoring winger and having assets to make that happen is what’s needed

Spurgeon is focusing PK and not PP moving forward per some recent reports, not that they won’t go back to him in a pinch, but Chisholm will get the opportunities on the PP first per the coach.
I like this , I’ve never like Spurg on the pp

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
If Buium comes in as advertised then you can look to trade Brodin and if Chisholm shows real value he can be moved if hunt turns up the pressure. We need a legit top 6 scoring winger and having assets to make that happen is what’s needed
If we trade Brodin and Buium comes as advertised, our regulars on the left side become Buium - Middleton - Hunt or Chisholm. For me, I think it depends on what they'd get back for Brodin, because I would not mind having Brodin - Buium - Middleton as the primary LDs on this team for a few years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad