Minnesota Wild General Discussion 2024-25

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Wabit

May 23, 2016
It makes sense for them to try out old lines that once contained a spark to see if they'll reignite. That's exactly the kind of thing that the preseason is for.

The bottom-6 is really just 2 x young (1st/2nd year) players, 2 x new to the team players, a player that was injured, and the worst FWD from last year's team. They need the preseason time more than any of the top-6 (except maybe MarJo).

Circulartheory

Apr 22, 2006
Hong Kong
Yes its annoying to see Rossi sandwiched between Foligno-Trenin but if that's the makeup, I can see a scenario where Ohgren ends up a Rossi partner over the course of the season. Possibly push out Trenin.

Ohgren has a similar playstyle but also has an outstanding shooting trait to match with a young playmaker. And it'll fall in line with Wild's tendency to not give a rookie (Ohgren) an immediate top-6 role. And it would make a nice 3rd line that can add offense.

Reactions: 7dayBender

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
Rossi playing with Moose on the 3rd line is frustrating but might help with cap flexibility down the line. He likely won’t get much PP1 time either. Hard to envision the usage he would need to command a huge extension.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
just a thought but what if the plan is hartman on 1st line to pump up the value and at deadline trade him? i really don't like rossi 3rd C.

Not sure. This is just the 1st year of his 3 year extension, so I don't anticipate them trading him, but hey, it's possible. E: scratch that, he does have a NMC this season so it's really not even that possible.

I think they're just looking for depth scoring and they're not creative enough to try something that isn't a re-tread.

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
just a thought but what if the plan is hartman on 1st line to pump up the value and at deadline trade him? i really don't like rossi 3rd C.
Hartman is a very nice depth piece. We are a soft team full of pass-first LHS. He is a gritty, shoot-first RHS on a good contract. He’s very low on my list of guys to trade.

Reactions: Digitalbooya

Saga of the Elk

Honoured Person
May 31, 2008
i think foligno / hartman / trenin makes a good new greef line
three players with upside for sure... I do think they'll miss having Duhaime as insurance for (the inevitable) Foligno injury.

Rossi has to earn his way up the lineup.. I think obviously the hope for everyone is he pushes his way to the top o-zone-starting line. We'll see when and if he gets there (and if Hynes is willing to load up Kap-Boldy-Rossi and let JEE drag Zucc-Johansson-Ohgren? around).

Sweetnut

Sponsor
Mar 19, 2023
I'm just hoping he's not gonna do his usual boneheaded stuff that he tends to do sometimes.
And please put Zuke on the third line. Cut down his TOI and keep hem fresh for the PP.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Hartman is a very nice depth piece. We are a soft team full of pass-first LHS. He is a gritty, shoot-first RHS on a good contract. He’s very low on my list of guys to trade.
Agreed 100%. Hartman can play any role we need him to and that’s extremely valuable.

I expect our grit level to go up with guys like Johansson expiring after this year and prospects like Ohgren likely replacing them.

When looking through our roster on PuckPedia, Chisholm has potential to be a Group 6 UFA. Looks like he needs to play in 47 games this year to maintain RFA status. So if we want to get value out of him before Zeev takes his place, we either need to trade him at the deadline or play him enough to keep his player rights.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
three players with upside for sure... I do think they'll miss having Duhaime as insurance for (the inevitable) Foligno injury.

Rossi has to earn his way up the lineup.. I think obviously the hope for everyone is he pushes his way to the top o-zone-starting line. We'll see when and if he gets there (and if Hynes is willing to load up Kap-Boldy-Rossi and let JEE drag Zucc-Johansson-Ohgren? around).
Well, he was pretty clearly one of the 6 best forwards on the team last year, so one could argue that he's done that.

Circulartheory

Apr 22, 2006
Hong Kong
I'm just hoping he's not gonna do his usual boneheaded stuff that he tends to do sometimes.
And please put Zuke on the third line. Cut down his TOI and keep hem fresh for the PP.
Exactly. Stat wise and play wise, Hartman was good! But he had tendency to get bad penalties and in the context of one of the worst PKing teams in the league.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad