Minnesota Wild General Discussion 2024-25

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
As fun as Kap/Ek/Boldy was, the rest of the forwards aren't good enough to supplement that line correctly.

I'm fine trying that line again, as long as it's a "last go" type of thing. If Zucc is pulling them down at even strength, toss it away and don't look at it again.

Kaprizov - Hartman - Zuccarello
Heidt - Eriksson Ek - Boldy
Foligno - Rossi - Johansson
Trenin - Khusnuts - Gaudreau

Also fine with:

Kaprizov - Eriksson Ek - Zuccarello
Boldy - Rossi - Hartman
Foligno - Heidt/Khusnuts - Johansson

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Ek and Hartman as our top 2 centers gives us the best chance of winning right now. With Yurov theoretically coming over in a year, I wouldn’t be shocked if Rossi is put on the wing at times this year to see if he can produce in that spot.

north21

May 1, 2014
MN
As fun as Kap/Ek/Boldy was, the rest of the forwards aren't good enough to supplement that line correctly.

I'm fine trying that line again, as long as it's a "last go" type of thing. If Zucc is pulling them down at even strength, toss it away and don't look at it again.

Heidt - Eriksson Ek - Boldy
Foligno - Rossi - Johansson
Trenin - Khusnuts - Gaudreau

Also fine with:

Kaprizov - Eriksson Ek - Zuccarello
Boldy - Rossi - Hartman
Foligno - Heidt/Khusnuts - Johansson

Ohgren? He probably has a better shot than Heidt or last years version of Freddy.

saywut

Jun 11, 2009
Never really thought about it till recently but yeah, Guerin's essentially double downed with the same roster make-up as last year minus the bottom of the line-up.

Johansson - Ek - Boldy
Foligno - Rossi - Gaudreau

Brodin - Faber
Middleton - Spurgeon

Gus/Fleury

2 years in a row.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Initial camp lineups are pretty meaningless. The first couple days of camp are mostly just a lot of basic drills to start knocking the rust off. The first 2 preseason games are on the road so they'll be playing the kids and AHLers heavily in those games.

Camp won't really start until initial cuts are made after the first couple of games.

MrRuin

Sponsor
Apr 7, 2004
Somewhere in time
Faceoffs aside, he's almost that already. I still have pretty high hopes he is more of a 30g/35a guy, and I'll settle for 47% on draws if he achieves that.
but that will really depend on where he is deployed. I do not see him hitting those numbers on a potential 3rd line with Foligno and Freddy G. It is important for Rossi to earn a spot on the 2nd line in training camp to improve on the numbers from last season. Training camp has a huge impact for him this year. We will know pretty soon. I am (naturally) rooting for him and he has to fight some adversity this year as well with the management not entirely convinced of his abilities. He tends to thrive under pressure so I have high hopes that he can manage to convince the doubters.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
They're trying to turn him into a grinder and keep his next contract cheap

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin

Dean Evason called, he wants his lines back.

Seriously though, I get having Ek and Hartman as the top 2 centers. But how can anyone argue that Johansson shouldn’t be given the start on the 4th line and earn your way up the lineup treatment?

For what it’s worth, I think Rossi is much closer to a grinder play style than a high skill game.

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN

Dean Evason called, he wants his lines back.

Seriously though, I get having Ek and Hartman as the top 2 centers. But how can anyone argue that Johansson shouldn’t be given the start on the 4th line and earn your way up the lineup treatment?

For what it’s worth, I think Rossi is much closer to a grinder play style than a high skill game.
The argument would be that the Rookie Ohgren is the one that also needs to prove himself capable of earning his way up. Early training camp is always vets in initial positions, even Kaprizov had to deal with this to start.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
It makes sense for them to try out old lines that once contained a spark to see if they'll reignite. That's exactly the kind of thing that the preseason is for.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad