Minnesota Wild General Discussion - 2023-24

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I thought you wouldn't touch him with a 10 foot pole?

That's pretty much my definition of a 10' pole for a NHL contract. It's a contract that can be sent though waivers without costing the team any cap if the player isn't claimed. Merril's pay would be a 9'9" pole.

Sweetnut

Sponsor
Mar 19, 2023
That's pretty much my definition of a 10' pole for a NHL contract. It's a contract that can be sent though waivers without costing the team any cap if the player isn't claimed. Merril's pay would be a 9'9" pole.
So you would touch him with a ten foot pole, then. I got scolded for suggesting as much. jk

Reactions: Wabit

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
So, we're down to dancing around the question of how long a pole can, or should, be?

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I opened the door, and of course, you came waltzing in first.

giphy.gif

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Not ready for that, personally. I keep picturing Wabit's hairy yams wrapped around a pole, and it's not a good thing. Not sure that shaving will help things, either.

So what you're saying is that you're going to want to see it sometime in the future.

I know some strippers. They have a lot of upper and lower body strength.
Lots of core strength overall.

I know some that don't do a lot of upper body things so they don't lose chest size and make their shoulders too broad.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Lots of core strength overall.

I know some that don't do a lot of upper body things so they don't lose chest size and make their shoulders too broad.
Yep! It's been a while since I talked to any of them. I should look one of them up.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
How do people feel about Gus+#45 for a pick in the 20s range?
Depends on who is there (obviously) and also how we use the cap space.

If we're talking about somebody like Hage, Artamonov, Jiricek or possibly Connelly plus grabbing a ~$7M player in UFA, then I'm relatively open to it.

Fleury/Wallstedt does make me really nervous next year though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad