Minnesota Wild General Discussion - 2023-24

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
And for the record we hold the longest drought currently among markets with all 4 major sporting teams.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
I did enjoy the dogs last championship although I’m not a college sports fan. I have no Alma Mater and find it silly to cheer for some team I have no significant connection to.

I don’t believe there are other cities in the same boat. We are alone in our absolute sports futility. Vikings going to 4 SBs and losing every one? 1998 ring a bell? Gary Anderson didn’t miss. He couldn’t miss and yet the chip shot to go to the sb is a no go
Well, I am old enough to remember the Twins winning, but you're right that history has not been kind recently. That said, I'd rather be a Minnesota sports fan than one from San Diego, Buffalo, Nashville, or - god forbid - Phoenix. Each of those locations have had it as bad or worse than Minnesota.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
And for the record we hold the longest drought currently among markets with all 4 major sporting teams.

Buffalo would most certainly hold this title if they had the baseball team. I've always used that measure to ease the pain a little bit lol.

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
I have enjoyed some Timberwolves basketball at points in my life. If they bring a title to us they will move ahead of the worthless Wild and Vikes on my list of things I enjoy.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
I have enjoyed some Timberwolves basketball at points in my life. If they bring a title to us they will move ahead of the worthless Wild and Vikes on my list of things I enjoy.
So a title is all you care about? Bandwagon, much? :sarcasm:

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
Maybe the timber puppies will ease your pain.

IDK. Denver is still legit.
Basketball doesn't count. Sorry.....hate it.

Vikes, Twins, Wild.....all good.

Edit: And to be fair, I have tried numerous times to like basketball. It just doesn't hold my interest very long. Boring. It just.....no. Nope.

90's basketball was the best. Now it is constant traveling and foul calling. Like a auto race, you can tune in in the last 5 minutes and get everything you need for the game.

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
So a title is all you care about? Bandwagon, much? :sarcasm:
I really only care about a title

IDK. Denver is still legit.

90's basketball was the best. Now it is constant traveling and foul calling. Like a auto race, you can tune in in the last 5 minutes and get everything you need for the game.
I can’t watch regular season , it’s just terrible and no effort. The playoffs are better

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
I'm gonna start calling you Mark Stone.
I watch a lot of baseball and rarely miss a wild game vikes game. I enjoy it all but at this point I’m ready for a parade. The wolves would be my last pick for which one I’d enjoy the most but I’ll still cheer them on

MK9

Feb 28, 2008
Andover, MN
Basketball doesn't count. Sorry.....hate it.

Vikes, Twins, Wild.....all good.

Edit: And to be fair, I have tried numerous times to like basketball. It just doesn't hold my interest very long. Boring. It just.....no. Nope.
Basketball might be of interest if the games were 2 minutes long. Because as far as I've seen, that's the only time it's worth watching is the last 2 minutes of the game. Outside of that, that sh*t is like watching paint dry. I'd pay a good amount if they implemented George Carlin's idea of making any shot that goes in off another guys head 10 points. I'd pay some decent money to watch those guys start firing shots at each others heads for 2 straight hours.

Baseball...don't tell me you need a new stadium to be competitive...and then spend the better part of the next 14 years not being anywhere close. Also, it's hard to stay interested in a game that moves at half the speed of pond water.

If they moved the football, baseball & basketball teams tomorrow, I'd have no idea unless someone told me.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Basketball might be of interest if the games were 2 minutes long. Because as far as I've seen, that's the only time it's worth watching is the last 2 minutes of the game. Outside of that, that sh*t is like watching paint dry. I'd pay a good amount if they implemented George Carlin's idea of making any shot that goes in off another guys head 10 points. I'd pay some decent money to watch those guys start firing shots at each others heads for 2 straight hours.

Baseball...don't tell me you need a new stadium to be competitive...and then spend the better part of the next 14 years not being anywhere close. Also, it's hard to stay interested in a game that moves at half the speed of pond water.

If they moved the football, baseball & basketball teams tomorrow, I'd have no idea unless someone told me.
It does take a few weeks to transition from watching hockey to baseball. The first few games are like slow motion, and you're sitting there waiting for the catcher to hipcheck the hitter out of the box.

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018

Anthony Edwards second half performance last night was electric front to back. You are a corpse if you could watch that and not be on the edge of your seat.

Reactions: Soldier13Fox

Wabit

May 23, 2016

Baseball is still the sport I get the most enjoyment out of, especially if it's in person. If I'm traveling somewhere I go out of my way to find a ballgame to watch. If I'm driving I have the Brewers game on the radio. The tailgating before the game really adds a lot to the experience for me.

I watch a lot of hockey. I've become more of a tv fan than in in-person fan. Going to a game is a fun treat, but not something I want to do 40 times a year. Maybe I'm just burned out after so many years of the kid playing hockey?

Football is something I'll watch at a bar and on Thanksgiving. I might turn he Packers game on if I'm at home. The kid's hockey (games/travel) always seemed to line up with the games that I didn't get to catch more than a few mins each week. Now it's when I take the wife out to run errands because the stores are dead.

Basketball is an X-mas and Easter thing that's on the tv. I just don't enjoy what the sport has become compared the the Bird, Magic, Jordan sport I grew up watching.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad