Proposal: Minnesota - Toronto

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

heisenbergsitti

Aug 23, 2021
Matthews, Kerfoot for EEK, Kaprizov.

Minnesota gets the best player of the trade and one of the best centers of the game, who's still pretty young. Toronto kinda retools, gets a Selke caliber centerman and becomes bigger and more defensive down middle and getts one of the most dynamic wingers in hockey. I guess it should help the team in playoffs.

You need to stop. You are just a Russian kaprizov fan, and not Minnesota fan. You were insisting kaprizov was leaving Minnesota. Your proposal towards Minnesota isn't good. Minnesota isn't trading kaprizov, they haven't had a player like him since Gaborik. Joel Eriksson Ek has become elite. Kerfoot is trash and you know it

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
Ya exactly its not like he scored the most goals of any player in a season before. Totally has zero accomplishments.
1 rocket earns you the title of 2nd best player in the league?

So I guess Ovi/Pastrnak also share that throne with Matthews. And it’s not like Draisaitl/Kucherov have swept the MVP awards.

But yeah sure, 1 rocket in 5 years is all you need to be deemed the 2nd best player on the planet

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
You need to stop. You are just a Russian kaprizov fan, and not Minnesota fan. You were insisting kaprizov was leaving Minnesota. Your proposal towards Minnesota isn't good. Minnesota isn't trading kaprizov, they haven't had a player like him since Gaborik. Joel Eriksson Ek has become elite. Kerfoot is trash and you know it

Matthews is good though...

heisenbergsitti

Aug 23, 2021
Matthews is good though...

& Kerfoot is trash. Also, no offense but he hasn't brought his team anywhere. Some will bash me for this, but he has off field issues, and lack leadership. Guerin wants a lockerroom and players that are his. He got rid of Parise and suter for less because both were lockerroom issues. Sorry, not sorry Minnesota rather keep kaprizov, and their 1c who has broken out on Joel Eriksson Ek

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Minnesota trades one of the best defensive centers in the game and an elite left winger for Kerfoot and a 1C? Why would Minnesota consider this? Matthews is surrounded by talent in Toronto and they can't even make a good playoff run.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Whatever the difference between Matthews and Kaprizov, the difference between Eriksson Ek and Kerfoot far more than negates it.

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
& Kerfoot is trash. Also, no offense but he hasn't brought his team anywhere. Some will bash me for this, but he has off field issues, and lack leadership. Guerin wants a lockerroom and players that are his. He got rid of Parise and suter for less because both were lockerroom issues. Sorry, not sorry Minnesota rather keep kaprizov, and their 1c who has broken out on Joel Eriksson Ek

Attachments

• upload_2021-10-23_12-53-7.gif
    upload_2021-10-23_12-53-7.gif
    120.3 KB · Views: 13

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
Kaprizov hasn't proven anything yet in the NHL and has a 9.5 million contract. He could become the best winger in the NHL or he could stagnate and be a 60 point winger. Matthews is far more valuable and a 3c no matter how good will never change that.

Reactions: Sundinisagod

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
I can't imagine a scenario in which Minnesota wouldn't immediate accept if that were offered...

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009

Am I missing something? I like JEE, he is a good defensive C that can produce some offensively but using words like Elite and breakout #1C seem like hyperbole to me. In JEE's best season so far his stats are closer to Nick Bonino than Patrice Bergeron. I know stats don't tell the whole story and I have watched him play but you obviously have seen more from him than I have.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

heisenbergsitti

Aug 23, 2021
Am I missing something? I like JEE, he is a good defensive C that can produce some offensively but using words like Elite and breakout #1C seem like hyperbole to me. In JEE's best season so far his stats are closer to Nick Bonino than Patrice Bergeron. I know stats don't tell the whole story and I have watched him play but you obviously have seen more from him than I have.

He's become the complete package since last year. Defensively and offensively. He just had a had trick 2 games ago against the jets. He's also close to 65 percent on face-off this year. Minnesota got a complete steal with his contract

heisenbergsitti

Aug 23, 2021
Don’t even know if I’d trade Nylander or Marner for Kaprizov let alone matthews

Minnesota wouldn't trade kaprizov for marner who hasn't had more than 1 points all season, and a total of two points going back to playoffs. Marner's 11mil is a big negative for his contract. At least kaprizov if he's not scoring, he does other things to contribute

GuerinUp

Aug 1, 2009
Columbia Heights, MN
this is just bad for both teams. granted matthews is one of the FEW players id be willing to trade kaprizov for, this is a big fat L for both teams involved

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
He's become the complete package since last year. Defensively and offensively. He just had a had trick 2 games ago against the jets. He's also close to 65 percent on face-off this year. Minnesota got a complete steal with his contract
Yes and the other way to frame that is that he has gone pointless in 4 of 5 games. Face offs are important and are definitely a desired skill but Jay Beagle is a face off expert, Zeno Konopka has the 2nd best face off percentage of all time in the NHL. It is not a slam on JEE and his contract could be a very good one but you called him a break out elite #1 C and I think your evaluation could be off or we have different definitions of Elite #1 C.

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
just from a cap allocation perspective this is a complete no-go for the leafs.

they already have an almost 7m aav winger and almost 11m aav winger. adding a 9m aav winger would bring the ticket for those three players to nearly 27m aav. a number, which you shouldn't exceed for all your wingers (8-9 players). regardless of the qualities of the three players, you will end up with holes at the other (more important) positions.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004

He's elite defensively though. He is one of the best defensive centers in the game and is now adding offense to his arsenal. It's not a stretch to use the word elite when talking about JEE nor breakout #1 c as he's adding offense to his game.

Reactions: heisenbergsitti

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
He's elite defensively though. He is one of the best defensive centers in the game and is now adding offense to his arsenal. It's not a stretch to use the word elite when talking about JEE nor breakout #1 c as he's adding offense to his game.
I would argue elite #1C should at least be a top 10 player in their position and even that's a broad range for elite status. I don't disagree that he is a top 5 defensive center in the league, and if he develops into an 80 point all situations player than I will consider him an elite #1C. Just seems a little premature. I only watch 2-3 wild games a year so I will also admit my sample size is small.

heisenbergsitti

Aug 23, 2021
Yes and the other way to frame that is that he has gone pointless in 4 of 5 games. Face offs are important and are definitely a desired skill but Jay Beagle is a face off expert, Zeno Konopka has the 2nd best face off percentage of all time in the NHL. It is not a slam on JEE and his contract could be a very good one but you called him a break out elite #1 C and I think your evaluation could be off or we have different definitions of Elite #1 C.

That isn't true! He has scored in other games so you are factually incorrect

Deadly Dogma

All I have is substantially vapid opinions
Sponsor
May 3, 2016
Oh good lord minnesota laughs maniacally as they are blocking Toronto on icq and aim and yahoo chat and msn messenger and iMessage and WhatsApp and Facebook messenger and mobile calls
your being sarcastic right?
Whatever the difference between Matthews and Kaprizov, the difference between Eriksson Ek and Kerfoot far more than negates it.
Ek doesn't fill the massive gap between Kap and Matthews.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad