Proposal: Minnesota - Rangers

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Laf + Perreault + 2nd/minor prospect

Kaprizov is still a top 5 winger in this league and they don't often get traded, especially for parts. Kakko looks mediocre, Chytil is constantly injured. The only intriguing part is Laf, so going to include that.

If you look at what Lindholm brought back (Kuzmenko, Brzustewicz, Jurmo, a 1st and a conditional draft pick), that's pretty much the basis of what Kaprizov will probably bring back in a trade. Chytil, Kaapo, Laf doesn't touch that given that Chytil is injured, Kakko is mediocre and Laf is a decent top 6 forward.

The structure is high level winger, a top prospect, a mid prospect, a high draft pick and another draft pick. Given that Kaprizov is a winger, the return is going to be a bit smaller than if he was a center, but given his status as a top 5 winger in the league - his return is still going to be pretty good, especially at the deadline. I'd expect a top 6 winger (Laf), a top prospect (Perreault or Othmann) and probably a 1st or a 2nd and a mid-tier prospect.

Rangers don't have enough cap space, they need to move as much cap as they get.

Dfence033

Nov 24, 2009
Texas
The premise of this deal is sending Chytil's money the other way, not having to pay Lafrenierre's extension, and Kaprizov's new deal will kick in when Panarin's and Trouba's expire. They'll probably want to bring Panarin back, but he'll be 34/35 and probably not very expensive.

But the math could change if Shesterkin gets what he wants.

Sure, but then the trade for the Rangers becomes Chytil, Kakko, Laf, not re-signing Panarin and Trouba, and still being in a cap crunch.

But they have a younger Panarin to show for it. Like I said, the Rangers can’t afford it.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Chytil, Laf, Kakko for Kaprizov.

Kakko is pretty much for cap reasons here, he doesn't have a lot of value. Chytil and Laf do, but still not as much as Kaprizov. But they are young and controlled: Chytil is signed for 3 more years, Laf is RFA.

I'd say it all depends on how good Lafreniere is going to progress. I'd say he's little by little becoming the player people expected he'd become. I very doubt he'll ever be as good as Kaprizov, but it's better to have him for next many years than having problems with Kaprizov resigning.

For Rangers they immediately get another superstar and top5 NHL winger, and I'm pretty sure they won't have problems with resigning him.
I’d hit that in a heartbeat if I was Minnesota. Resets their contention window but gives them a ton of 18-23 year old talent. Krill is going to leave in UFA. So makes no sense for the Wild to plan around him long term.

And LaF looked like a young star in the making last season. Chytil is good too.

And the Rangers this season. Whoa. Must see TV. Bread man and him on the same PP?

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
Myself being a Wild fan and also a realistic person understands fully that the Wild aren’t going to resign Kap because there is zero reason for him to stay here. Guerin is an idiot and no superstar wants to play on a team where the architect of that team values grit and locker room antics above skill and winning.

I would have looked to trade Kap before his trade protection kicked in unless I had a firm commitment from he and his agent that he was going to stay.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad