Proposal: Minnesota - New Jersey

Stephen Gionta

Boston College > Boston University
Jun 15, 2015
East Rutherford, NJ
Marco Rossi and Alexander Holtz.

Two young players from the 2020 draft in need of a change in scenery.

I assume NJ would have to add as I think Rossi is valued slightly higher.

To NJ
Marco Rossi

To MIN
Alexander Holtz
Graeme Clarke

ESH

Jun 19, 2011
Why would Rossi need a change of scenery? He got playing time next to Kaprizov in his first full season, I think he’s in a pretty ideal situation.

Reactions: Conbon

Stephen Gionta

Jun 15, 2015
East Rutherford, NJ
-Rossi is a Center so more valueable
-Graeme Clark is not worth anything

You'd have to add some kind of pick to make the Wild want to go for it.

Ok what pick

Why would Rossi need a change of scenery? He got playing time next to Kaprizov in his first full season, I think he’s in a pretty ideal situation.

Minnesota reportedly very open to moving him in a talent for talent deal.

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
Rossi would only be moved for a center in the minuscule chance that he does get traded. The main driver of people thinking he’s expendable is making room for Yurov, but he just extended in the KHL. JEE and Hartman are the only established top 9 centers on the roster if you remove Rossi.

Holtz still has potential in him, but I don’t think he would be thought of as a priority target, Liam Ohgren is currently in position to fit that same kind of role for the Wild.

Reactions: Stephen Gionta

Stephen Gionta

Jun 15, 2015
East Rutherford, NJ
Rossi would be the smallest center on a team that’s already pretty small. I’d rather go for size. Devils got pushed around pretty badly this season and we need to get bigger and tougher.
It is true that Rossi is not the type of player that fits the bill for the Devils right now. They do need to get bigger and tougher and Rossi is not that. However, if you have a chance to acquire him in a change of scenery swap type trade, and build his value up, you just gained an asset.

While he's not really what the Devils need right now, the possibility of being the team to bring his value back up to where he can become a real asset for you - whether for the Devils or in a trade for someone/something else - is something that you have to explore. Especially when the Devils have a player in a similar situation, Alexander Holtz.

They want to move him for younger player. Exactly player but bigger. He was offered for Clutter who was traded to Anaheim
Cutter and Rossi aren't even in the same stratosphere in terms of value.

Holtz is bigger than Rossi.

HugeInTheShire

You may not like me but, I'm Huge in the Shire
Mar 8, 2021
Alberta
Rossi is a good player but I'd prefer the Devils use assets to fill need instead of using them to acquire more of the same style players they currently have.

Clarke has almost no value, stop adding him to Holtz in every deal you make OP.

Joseph Nathan

Feb 11, 2022
It is true that Rossi is not the type of player that fits the bill for the Devils right now. They do need to get bigger and tougher and Rossi is not that. However, if you have a chance to acquire him in a change of scenery swap type trade, and build his value up, you just gained an asset.

While he's not really what the Devils need right now, the possibility of being the team to bring his value back up to where he can become a real asset for you - whether for the Devils or in a trade for someone/something else - is something that you have to explore. Especially when the Devils have a player in a similar situation, Alexander Holtz.

It was reported Rossi was offered for him and it didn’t happen

lanceuppercut75

Feb 20, 2016
Toronto area
There are rumours that Minnesota might be looking to trade Rossi this summer. The Minnesota fans think it's illogical, but ultimately it only matters what the General Manager thinks.

Reactions: Stephen Gionta

QuizGuy66

Sep 12, 2011

Attachments

• shape_cover_sport_fe3a59264631ca6b3a8cbea8b62d40ee909ac0bf5e2724a7b6b51940a2e199ad.jpg
    shape_cover_sport_fe3a59264631ca6b3a8cbea8b62d40ee909ac0bf5e2724a7b6b51940a2e199ad.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 2

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
I hate to be that guy because I usually don't care much about it, but we reallllly don't need anymore smol bois

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
-Rossi is a Center so more valueable
-Graeme Clark is not worth anything

You'd have to add some kind of pick to make the Wild want to go for it.
Clarke is pretty good. Apparently he leads the AHL in 5v5 goals over the last 2 years. I think he'd be a good cheap offensive middle 6 option.

Not a sniper like Holtz, but a guy who relies on shot volume like Timo Meier (stylistic comparison)

I don't think his trade value is anything major, but I'd like to find a way to keep him if possible.

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
Clarke kind of just reeks of professional AHLer.
Very much a possibility, but I'd like to give him a shot. I feel like he could be a similar situation to Fabian Zetterlund potentially.

He's also built for an offensive role, and NJD may not be able to provide that opportunity. If we traded Holtz however, I would give Clarke a shot to win a 2nd/3rd line offensive role.
Meier-Hischier-Bratt
Holtz/FA (foegele)-Hughes-Mercer
Palat-Haula-Clarke/Holtz

Reactions: Forge

MK9

Feb 28, 2008
Andover, MN
Minnesota reportedly very open to moving him in a talent for talent deal.
Edited for accuracy. The adverb in that sentence leans towards being more hopeful than actual.

That said, I don't see it happening. I can't speak for other Wild fans, but that trade doesn't move the needle at all for me. Not even with the inclusion of extra spare parts.

Reactions: 57special

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin

Holy hell, you’ve got this all wrong. Rossi isn’t getting moved in a “change of scenery” type trade. He would move in a trade for an upgrade.

Reactions: Eegs and Conbon

Marlowe Syn

R-O-C-K-F-O-R-D
Sep 2, 2008
I think if Minnesota moves Rossi it is going to be part of a bigger package to land a top6 forward. Guerin gets some job security with the dead cap space, but once that is lifted he better have this team primed for contender status. If not just for his job security, also keeping a very specific player that is a UFA July 1, 2026. So I don't think futures will appeal to him.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Rossi would be the smallest center on a team that’s already pretty small. I’d rather go for size. Devils got pushed around pretty badly this season and we need to get bigger and tougher.
Agreed. I don't think this trade is a fit for either team. Rossi is rumoured to be on the block only because BG is looking to get bigger and tougher up front. Holtz is bigger, but not physical, and frankly is kind of disappointing so far, while Rossi had a nice rookie year, and plays a decent C.

Reactions: Jerzey Devil

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad