Proposal: Minnesota/Montreal

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Natey

GOATS
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005

Attachments

• FNM07G6XEAEzjVU.jpeg
    FNM07G6XEAEzjVU.jpeg
    153.3 KB · Views: 7

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015
Risky deal for the Habs, since Peart can become a bust. Usually, you're given a couple if not three prospects, if offered one veteran.

Natey

GOATS
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Risky deal for the Habs, since Peart can become a bust. Usually, you're given a couple if not three prospects, if offered one veteran.
It is for sure, but it's just another piece to a rebuilding team.

Kulak is good and I would gladly resign him in Montreal. But he's still a UFA and you never know. Our management seem to really like him.

Natey

GOATS
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
I think Kulak is a good player, too. Peart just hasn't been verified, that's why.
Most Habs fans value him at a low 2nd/high 3rd which is exactly what Peart is. And he's a good skater, so he fits in with Montreal's plans.

I actually see him being similar to Kulak now.

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015
Most Habs fans value him at a low 2nd/high 3rd which is exactly what Peart is. And he's a good skater, so he fits in with Montreal's plans.

I actually see him being similar to Kulak now.
However, why the conditional 4th, along with Kulak?

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015
It's removed. Apparently that's not allowed. Whoops.

And mostly just to avoid the thread getting locked like most Montreal fan proposals. 😂😂 I actually think Montreal should get a late round pick with Peart for just Kulak, but sssssh. 😂😂
Peart isn't even Kulak-caliber yet. Maybe a 3rd or a 4th should do.

Natey

GOATS
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Peart isn't even Kulak-caliber yet. Maybe a 3rd or a 4th should do.
That's true, but Kulak is a rental at the end of the day.

Getting Peart is like trading Kulak for a late 2nd / early 3rd. I don't think the value is that far off by itself. A 3rd or 4th being added is far too much, in my opinion.

I'm a Habs fan and I'm fine with this straight up.

Last edited:

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015
That's true, but Kulak is a rental at the end of the day.

Getting Peart is like trading Kulak for a late 2nd / early 3rd. I don't think the value is that far off by itself. A 3rd or 4th being added is far too much, in my opinion.

I'm a Habs fan and I'm fine with this straight you.
No, I mean Peart for just a third or a fourth.

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015
Why would Minnesota trade Peart for a 3rd or a 4th? That makes no sense. Legitimately zero sense.

I'm sticking to my proposal currently in the OP.
I apologize; I didn't know the situation in Minnesota too well. I just thought valuewise. Maybe, I should've mentioned that I was stating just in terms of raw value.

Natey

GOATS
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
I apologize; I didn't know the situation in Minnesota too well. I just thought valuewise. Maybe, I should've mentioned that I was stating just in terms of raw value.
How's that raw value when they just spent a late 2nd rounder to draft him??

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015
How's that raw value when they just spent a late 2nd rounder to draft him??
Because you can't trade a value of uncertainty without paying extra. Kulak is an established player; Peart isn't. Peart is projected to be, but not established.

• Haha
Reactions: Natey

Natey

GOATS
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Because you can't trade a value of uncertainty without paying extra. Kulak is an established player; Peart isn't. Peart is projected to be, but not established.
You make no sense.

If that were the case Ben Chiarot wouldn't have just been traded for a 1st.

Natey

GOATS
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Okay, what if Peart turns into a bust after getting traded for Kulak? Minnesota isn't going to take that gamble.
Why would Minnesota care if Peart busted after they traded him? Holy shit, I'm done with this conversation. Have a good day.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Didn't know that. Weird since they allow other conditions.

rule was changed in new CBA. You can’t attach triggers on resigning or trading again.

can only do player performance or team performance triggers.

with Buffalo trades of Ristolainen and Reinhart would have likeky had resigning triggers in the deals. Since that wasnt allowed it affected trade structures.

Reactions: Natey

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad