Minnesota 2024-2025 Affiliates Thread (Iowa Wild, Iowa Heartlanders)

Forsbergaura21

Jul 20, 2024
Daemon Hunt - thoughts on him?

Does he have shot to make nhl team this season?

What’s his long term upside?

Mod Edit: Old thread can be found here:

Last edited by a moderator:

saywut

Jun 11, 2009

I'd say Hunt and Crotty are locked in as the AHL call-up options to open the season, significant gap at this point between them and the rest but things can change. IF Chisholm's defensive game becomes an issue(or injuries) I could see Hunt becoming a full-time option as a Merrill-Bogosian pair is extremely limited, but Hunt's not a big upside player, unlikely a PP option, and with the addition of Buium at the draft he might get squeezed of a roster spot next year too.

Reactions: Obvious Fabertism

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN

Outside shot to make the team, as he would have to supplant Chisholm or Merrill, as i think that they would prefer he gets big minutes down in the AHL than #7D minutes in the NHL.

I think he has a shot to be a middle pairing guy. It all depends on whether he plateaus, or continues to develop. Remember that he's still only 22 yo(won't turn 23 till after next season). Middleton didn't play anything like a full season till he was 26 yo.

Reactions: Forsbergaura21

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Telling that Hunt had over 23 minutes TOI in last game, more than anyone else, by a good bit. I don't think that he has been overly impressive, but he also hasn't been unimpressive. Would like to see him be more aggressive defensively, but do like that he can jump into the rush, and is reasonably composed when he has the puck.

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
Any info on kyle mcclellan? He was a top 10 finalist for the hobey baker. Any real nhl upside there?

Jbcraig1883

Mar 31, 2002
Virginia
Telling that Hunt had over 23 minutes TOI in last game, more than anyone else, by a good bit. I don't think that he has been overly impressive, but he also hasn't been unimpressive. Would like to see him be more aggressive defensively, but do like that he can jump into the rush, and is reasonably composed when he has the puck.
While I don't think he was overly impressive, he was definitely far more polished than any of the other young guys. It was similar to his Iowa games last year, he looked a bit faster, a bit stronger, and a bit smarter with his plays moreso than, Lambos, Spacek, Masters, etc. etc. And I think we all know he's preferred over Merrill - he can do everything Merrill can, is quicker, and more physical. My only concern with Hunt is his health - he doesn't seem to stay healthy long.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
While I don't think he was overly impressive, he was definitely far more polished than any of the other young guys. It was similar to his Iowa games last year, he looked a bit faster, a bit stronger, and a bit smarter with his plays moreso than, Lambos, Spacek, Masters, etc. etc. And I think we all know he's preferred over Merrill - he can do everything Merrill can, is quicker, and more physical. My only concern with Hunt is his health - he doesn't seem to stay healthy long.
good description of his game. His injuries when he was younger were more freak things than a case of a bad knee, back, or concussions. One was a skate cut, another broke a hand when he was blocking a shot, etc..

Jbcraig1883

Mar 31, 2002
Virginia
It's only an exhibition but Haight has a hatty, Bankier has 1g 1a, and Peart and Lambos both have an assist so far. Lambos on third pairing.

Oh wow, Brett Bulmer playing with Rockford. Now there is a prospect I will never forget.

Last edited:
Reactions: Obvious Fabertism

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
It's only an exhibition but Haight has a hatty, Bankier has 1g 1a, and Peart and Lambos both have an assist so far. Lambos on third pairing.

Oh wow, Brett Bulmer playing with Rockford. Now there is a prospect I will never forget.
I thought Bulmer was in Europe. But he's carved out a 14 year career so good for him?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad