Movies: Minecraft

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
I mean I like Jack Black and all but is he going to be in every video game movie going forward? Bowser, Claptrap, and now Steve, how long before he is in a Mega Man movie playing both Dr Light and Dr Wily?

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
I finally watched the trailer and the live action is a disappointment and a mistake, IMO. This should've been fully animated, like the LEGO movies and The Super Mario Bros Movie. It'll probably still be successful, but I think that they missed a chance to make the kind of money that the latter made and sequels may be doomed because they have to keep coming up with reasons for humans to visit the world and their reactions to it are liable to get old. I don't think that this was really thought through.

Reactions: Rodgerwilco

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
I'm sure it'll be passable enough for kids to like it, which is who this movie is for. I really don't understand why they wanted to make this a live action movie or needed A-list celebrities in it.

Given the obvious money-grab you'd think it would make more sense for them to not pay all those huge superstar contracts. Apparently the budget for the film is about $150 Million which is just absurd. It seems like every big movie is costing in the high 8 or even into 9-figures now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad