Confirmed Signing with Link: [MIN] G Jesper Wallstedt signs extensions with the Wild (2 years, $2.2M AAV; begins 2025-26)

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
Has anyone ever signed a multi-million contract without actually being on the roster before? I'm assuming Gus and MAF run the net this year and they're penciling him to replace MAF next year.

Just curious.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Has anyone ever signed a multi-million contract without actually being on the roster before? I'm assuming Gus and MAF run the net this year and they're penciling him to replace MAF next year.

Just curious.

He made the roster. They're going to carry three goalies.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Meanwhile Xavier B is in Belleville. Minzenberger needs to become a top 4 D for this to not be another oil mistake.

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN

Just curious.
He’s on the roster right now, they have been planning a 3 goalie rotation with whoever is hottest getting the bulk of the starts.

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
He’s on the roster right now, they have been planning a 3 goalie rotation with whoever is hottest getting the bulk of the starts.

Is Fleury there to babysit them, or is he still going strong?

Three goalie rotations almost never work. It makes me wonder if it is just optics, and they will waive or trade Gustavsson. The only way I could see this working is if it is a unique situation where Fleury doesn't really expect to play much, and is more in a player-coach/mentor type role.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad