Confirmed Trade: [MIN/TBL] Zach Bogosian for 2025 7th round pick

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
Atleast he has a place to stay...

Bogo is one of those handful of NHLers that despite having zero ties to Minnesota, for some reason lives in Minnesota in the offseason.

I've always found that interesting.

TwzKing

Nov 19, 2004
i remember when there was a loud minority saying he would be better than Doughty. Good times.

Reactions: YP44

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
Does it matter if they're a rookie or not if the end result is 10 minutes of chaos from bad decisions?
There is a difference between poor decisions and poor execution, as long as his failures are of the predictable nature, aka puck fumbles and not running into his own teammates, our team defense and goalie is quite capable of picking up the slack. This is the minimum threshold that was not being met.

Reactions: Bye Bye Blueston

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Does Bogo still get injured getting out of bed in the morning?

Deep Blue Metallic

Bo knows hockey.
Mar 5, 2021
i remember when there was a loud minority saying he would be better than Doughty. Good times.
2008 was a very interesting draft for defensemen.

Stars: Doughty #2, Pietrangelo #4, Karlsson #15, Carlson #27
Solid to Middling: Bogo #3, Schenn #5, Myers #12, Gardiner #17, Sbisa #19, Del Zotto #20
Duds: Teubert #13, Cuma #23

Bogo is a depth d-man at this point, obviously. A 7th seems reasonable. Will probably get flipped to a contender if the Wild are out of the playoffs. That type of trade happens every deadline.

I don't get all the mockery.

AndreRoy

Jan 3, 2018
He was pretty solid for us up until last season when he fell off a cliff (though some of that could have been due to his being paired with Ian Cole for most of the season - he did better when they were separated later on.) This move strikes me as the Bolts trying to do right by a respected veteran and give him an opportunity to stay in the NHL with another team rather than send him down when Vasy comes back. I’ll miss him on the Lightning and hope he does well with the Wild.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad