Rumor: Miller to Anaheim 1x1

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
No way Miller signs here for 1 year, 1 million. Guessing there's another 2 million in incentives minimum.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Someone else (maybe Lebrun??) mentioned Miller is likely to sign in Vancouver or Anaheim. Way too lazy to find the tweet. That said no chance he signs for $1M.

PhoenyX

Dec 13, 2009
Toronto
Friedman did say that, "Goalie market: there is a lot of expectation of Ryan Miller to Anaheim for approximately $1 million, although I’m not sure if bonuses will be added to that. "

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
Friedman did say that, "Goalie market: there is a lot of expectation of Ryan Miller to Anaheim for approximately $1 million, although I’m not sure if bonuses will be added to that. "

I just can't see him accepting that $$ amount, especially for one year. He'll want term or decent coin. However, if it's 1 year for 1 million + bonuses, that's pretty good. He is the best backup option available so he'd be a welcome addition.

GreatBear

Feb 18, 2009
Newport Beach
Miller is certainly the best of the bunch for a back-up/1B goaltender. I suspect that Vancouver doesn't want him back because they need to develop their other goalies. If Vancouver wanted him back I think that they would have signed him by now, so that he could not talk to other teams. We will all find out in a few days.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
Miller is certainly the best of the bunch for a back-up/1B goaltender. I suspect that Vancouver doesn't want him back because they need to develop their other goalies. If Vancouver wanted him back I think that they would have signed him by now, so that he could not talk to other teams. We will all find out in a few days.

I think they do, but Markstroms probably their main guy, and they're a mess. Wouldnt blame him one bit for bailing.

Godzlaf

Sep 24, 2014
They don't count until the season is over. Then you count them up. If it puts you over the current year's cap, it is immediately applied to your next year's cap. But either way, it's still real money that potentially has to be paid.

You can apply them the next season if you want. We could very well be giving him bonuses just to keep out downside lower, but if they're really easy to attain, might be an indication were a cap team this year.

Thank you.

KelVarnsen

May 2, 2010
Mission Viejo
Miller has made almost 60 million in his career. Maybe he truly wants to live in So Cal with his wife and values that over money?

I am assuming he has not wasted all his earnings but his desire to play for a contender while living with his wife may trump his need for more money?

It would be awesome if he came here for that contract!

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
I think they do, but Markstroms probably their main guy, and they're a mess. Wouldnt blame him one bit for bailing.

Agreed. Last I heard was that they hadn't even reached out to another goalie's agent because they were trying to re-sign him. He'll get more term and $$ from Vancouver. However, they suck, and his wife is in LA so we've got that going for us.

SirQuacksALot

A Garibaldi in Kelp
Mar 16, 2010
I just can't see him accepting that $$ amount, especially for one year. He'll want term or decent coin. However, if it's 1 year for 1 million + bonuses, that's pretty good. He is the best backup option available so he'd be a welcome addition.

I mean, maybe. He hasn't won the Cup yet, he might take a huge discount for one last, real shot at it.

ADHB

Sponsor
Apr 9, 2012
Anaheim offers Miller everything on his likely checklist except a big payday. Cup contender, opportunity to play, proximity to Hollywood for his family... yes he could likely get more money playing for a worse team in another division, or take slightly more money to be a straight up backup. But the fact that he has made a ton of money already maybe means he'll take an ideal situation over a less than an ideal one where he can get a couple million more. I would be surprised honestly if he didn't end up here.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
I mean, maybe. He hasn't won the Cup yet, he might take a huge discount for one last, real shot at it.

would love it, and I hope it's true. I figured he'd take a discount to be near his wife, but that's not just a discount; that's a damn steal! Like I said though, would be awesome if true. I just have my doubts. Guessing 1 year with 2 million more possible with bonuses.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
Anaheim offers Miller everything on his likely checklist except a big payday. Cup contender, opportunity to play, proximity to Hollywood for his family... yes he could likely get more money playing for a worse team in another division, or take slightly more money to be a straight up backup. But the fact that he has made a ton of money already maybe means he'll take an ideal situation over a less than an ideal one where he can get a couple million more. I would be surprised honestly if he didn't end up here.

I think he ends up here. Like you said, everything (except for $) lines up perfectly. However, I don't think it's 1 year, 1 million. Guessing 1 year with 2 million possible in bonuses. That's still dang good though.

SirQuacksALot

A Garibaldi in Kelp
Mar 16, 2010
would love it, and I hope it's true. I figured he'd take a discount to be near his wife, but that's not just a discount; that's a damn steal! Like I said though, would be awesome if true. I just have my doubts. Guessing 1 year with 2 million more possible with bonuses.

He put up good numbers, he's still a good tender, just needs a real defense. It is a great deal if true.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad