Value of: Miles Wood

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

NjdevilfanJim

Jan 26, 2020
Lindy Ruff anticipates Wood back on the ice in 7-10 days. Time line would lead me to believe he has a fighting chance of being eligible to come off IR before the 21st. Hasn’t played all year and I doubt he’ll have much game time to show what he has…any chance a contender would show any interest?

Expiring contact and has “grit” teams looks for going into the playoffs…maybe a throw in to facilitate a PK Subban trade or even the other way around?

thoughts??
Devils aren't trading him as value would be low....Next year he'll play and if numbers work they will sign him if not he will bring a late first once he proves he's healthy

Ruutu Tootoo

Oct 16, 2014
Morris County, NJ
This won’t happen. His value is at an all time low with the injury. Trade Vesey for a mid to high round pick and let him get minutes with McLeod and Bastian on the 4th line when he comes back. If he’s not ready after the TDL, put in Kuokkanen until he is ready. Wood is worth more to the Devils than they can get for him in a trade and his contract won’t be expensive next year.

Reactions: ChicksDigTheTrap

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
There's no reason to take a massive loss here. People were throwing around Coleman-type packages for Wood just a year ago.

The Devils will happily wait this out and reunite the BMW line next year.

Smitty426

Jun 25, 2006
Jersey
I’m pretty neutral on him as a player, where do you see him fitting in with having to string along Tatar and johnnsson next year? I think it would be unreasonable to have a guy making 3 million (+?) on your 4th line considering we have some talent in the pipeline…I struggle seeing him on the top line and with the emergence of Mercer does it squeeze him out?

might try to load up on conditions as there is not a player like wood rumored being available
I think/hope Tomas and Andreas are moved tbh. Utica did well enough where someone pushed for a spot plus I'd try and land a UFA winger like Burakovsky, Nichuskin, Marchment. I'd say Forsberg but is that happening?

Reactions: Eggtimer

KovalchukFistPump

Too lazy to change username
Dec 24, 2008
California
This is a guy that absolutely depends on his speed for his offensive production and thus a hip injury might be pretty disastrous. If I'm another team, I'd want to see him in action for a little while before trading anything of value. Probably won't be moved this deadline in that case.

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
Lindy Ruff anticipates Wood back on the ice in 7-10 days. Time line would lead me to believe he has a fighting chance of being eligible to come off IR before the 21st. Hasn’t played all year and I doubt he’ll have much game time to show what he has…any chance a contender would show any interest?

Expiring contact and has “grit” teams looks for going into the playoffs…maybe a throw in to facilitate a PK Subban trade or even the other way around?

thoughts??

I think it's insane to suggest Wood could be a throw in to facilitate a Subban trade. You also fail to note that he's still a RFA after this year.

Devils should absolutely hold onto Wood. If for some reason they flame out again next season and don't think they can re-sign him, then maybe he gets dealt at next year's TDL but he should play a valuable role with this young team moving forward and would rather see him signed to a longer extension.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville

thoughts??

I'm not following your thinking here... the Devils don't need to add a sweetener to move Subban. Teams will either take his expiring contract (most likely retained) or they won't.

And the fact that Wood has a 3.5M qualifying offer in the summer makes his expiring contract look worse, not better.

BronxBruin

Feb 27, 2002
Bronx, NY
Visit site
Wood always seems to play well against the Bruins and has qualities they tend to covet (size, speed, physicality). I could see a deal around Wood and Debrusk being of interest to Boston (not saying I would agree with it though).

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
I wouldn’t deal him if I’m NJ. Wood is a good cheap bottom 6 guy whose proven he can score.
I’d put him in the same basket as Hughes/Bratt/Hirschier/Mercer as Fwds not to move...

wood-McLeod-Bastian is the only 1 of NJs lines that’s effective and doesn’t need any adds/tinkering to go into next season

Reactions: Puckclektr

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Devils need more players that play the style Wood plays , not less. Please someone take Johnson Tatar or Zacha from us for a player like a Marchment Nuke Niederreider type

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad