Speculation: Mikko Rantanen Mega Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Just do 9.6x8 already

Guess "longterm" means 5 or 6 years in this context...cause if Joe can even get a 6th year without hitting 8-digits, he'll have done very well.

...though, personally, I'd take the hit and match the Marner salary if it got Mikko to sign for 8 years...

Reactions: TheNewKid

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Refuses to sign his star player to a fine deal(if the rumors are true) while having the most cap space.
Why don’t you wait until it’s done before jumping to these decisions. He’s probably going to get his star player to sign a 7 year deal worth 9.5 per year or less.

He’s not refusing to sign him. He’s trying to get him signed at a rate that allows his team to compete for longer.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Why don’t you wait until it’s done before jumping to these decisions. He’s probably going to get his star player to sign a 7 year deal worth 9.5 per year or less.

He’s not refusing to sign him. He’s trying to get him signed at a rate that allows his team to compete for longer.

Seriously, I cannot believe that people are criticizing Sakic here.

He has handled the Rantanen negotiation perfectly. He is, by all accounts, going to get Rantanen signed with an AAV somewhere in the range of $8.4-9.5M on a term of 6-8 years, and they will probably get that deal done by opening night.

Considering what Marner just went for, and that Rantanen is Marner’s closest comparable with a market value that is arguably higher than Marner’s, Sakic signing Rantanen to that kind of deal is an absolute steal. People are calling him an idiot because he refuses to sign Rantanen to a deal with less term, or more AAV, and I really don’t understand how they came to that conclusion. :dunno:

Brewsky

King Of The Ice Mugs
Jan 26, 2011
King County
www.brewsky.com
Embarassing until sakic comes out with a contract that looks alot better than most RFA signings. There's a reason for everything, sakic knows what he's doing.

At what cost? Kid has missed all of training camp. People think this is NHL 20 where you just sign the guy and he'll be 100% right from the get go.

There's a reason a lot of RFAs emphasized "I don't want to miss camp".

Foxtail

Mar 31, 2018
Nova Scotia
At what cost? Kid has missed all of training camp. People think this is NHL 20 where you just sign the guy and he'll be 100% right from the get go.

In lieu of your name I had a few brewskies with MacKinnon's cousin today and by all accounts Mikko will be signed by weekends end.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Embarassing until sakic comes out with a contract that looks alot better than most RFA signings. There's a reason for everything, sakic knows what he's doing.

By the rumours it sounds like he could get it already if he only was willing to pay.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
In lieu of your name I had a few brewskies with MacKinnon's cousin today and by all accounts Mikko will be signed by weekends end.
Sakic lets MacKinnon's cousin sit in for contract talks?

Is Zadorov's sister in law in on them too?

Francouz's pet sitter?

Foxtail

Mar 31, 2018
Nova Scotia
Sakic lets MacKinnon's cousin sit in for contract talks?

Is Zadorov's sister in law in on them too?

Francouz's pet sitter?
Haha we mostly talked about his new muzzle loader and that he wants me to help him with his deer stand actually. :laugh:.

And looking into starting our own micro brewery, grow our own organic hops and the whole shabang.:)

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Is it still embarrassing if he Signs Rantannen for longer and cheaper than Marner?
At this stage Rantanen should also be regarded as a better winger. He has back to back 84-87 pts seasons. Missed 8 games last year, would have no doubt been mid 90's in points last year, and also had 14 playoff pts in 12 games for the Avs. More term and less AAV than what Marner is making would certainly be a check mark in Rantanen's corner. These 2 are very good comparables.

Reactions: Ippenator

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
We get it- point signed a cheap deal.

We haven’t yet seen another player on Marners level sign a 6 year deal during this rfa revolution began so we don’t have a set market yet.

For the record, Marner has been magical in preseason. He might just earn that deal.
ummm , yes we have AHO. for 8.4m

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011

Deangelo missed most of camp and looked to be in great shape in the last preseason game they played. I'm sure Rantanen is going to be in good shape. It's also not like the entire structure of the team changed with a new coach changing everything.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Haha we mostly talked about his new muzzle loader and that he wants me to help him with his deer stand actually. :laugh:.

And looking into starting our own micro brewery, grow our own organic hops and the whole shabang.:)
I homebrew. Pick me to work there!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad