Value of: Mikheyev

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
He is paid $4.75 million with 2 years left on his contract. He has a 12 team no trade list.

He does not appear to be a top 6 winger anymore, but he is defensively responsible and can still play as an effective bottom 6 winger and penalty killer. He’s 29 years old, so there is still some hope that he continues to recover from his surgery and can return to form as a 20 goal scorer.

What would be the cost to trade him?

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
hahahahhahhahha this should go well

anyone want 1 goal in 60 games with Pettersson for 5million.

if he was defenseman his hands would be bad. Apparently the ACL surgery repair to his knee involved taking out the ligaments in his hands and replacing them with concrete

were buying him out

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
His Canucks tenure has been night/day strange. Ever since he got healthy his production went from good to non-existent.

From the start of the season to Jan 2nd he had; 10 goals & 21 Points in 33 games. And last season he had 12g & 28pts in 46 games. For a combined 22 goals & 49 points in his first 79 games as a Canuck.

Since Jan 3rd he has 1 goals & 10 points in 45 games.... And 0 points in the playoffs.. Its bizarre.

I still think he can be better but VAN might have to pay to move off him the way our UFA's are playing.

Sendhelplease

Dec 21, 2020
He'd make some sense as a player for the Sharks to acquire. I am not too sure on the value for dumping the contract. Would Mikheyev and a 2nd and 3rd for the a 4th from the Sharks be fair?

gianni

Apr 8, 2014
ACL surgery takes up to 18 months to fully recover from, so I'd expect him to be 100% at the start of next season.

He'd be a good fit for a lottery team that needs veterans around their young players/prospects. Chicago's doing it the right way, so maybe they'd be interested, or maybe San Jose?

Not interested in attaching picks, maybe a prospect from the previous regime can be added if necessary.

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
Pickle Time Deli & Market
He'd make some sense as a player for the Sharks to acquire. I am not too sure on the value for dumping the contract. Would Mikheyev and a 2nd and 3rd for the a 4th from the Sharks be fair?
Dumping a contract in the offseason could be cheap, but it could be very expensive. I would not be surprised if the price would end up being a 2nd, depending on how many teams need to move cap.

Having Chicago and San Jose bottoming out might affect the price, though. Beauvillier's dump was a 5th rounder, but he was a UFA. I think San Jose might be the most likely place he'll end up going since they are going rebuild mode and could use the picks.

Reactions: Sendhelplease

lanceuppercut75

Feb 20, 2016
Toronto area
Ilya Mikheyev (UFA 2026)
one GOOD pick/prospect
one or two additional picks/prospects

for

Connor Murphy (UFA 2026)

Chicago would be keeping Seth Jones this summer if they trade Murphy IMO. They'll keep at least one of their RHD for now.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
He is paid $4.75 million with 2 years left on his contract. He has a 12 team no trade list.

He does not appear to be a top 6 winger anymore, but he is defensively responsible and can still play as an effective bottom 6 winger and penalty killer. He’s 29 years old, so there is still some hope that he continues to recover from his surgery and can return to form as a 20 goal scorer.

What would be the cost to trade him?

I'd probably do Noel Acciari for him and a pick.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad