Injury Report: Mike Trout to have knee surgery (and another torn meniscus)

Vamos Rafa

Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California
Reminds me of Ken Griffey Jr. Centerfielders who make their MLB debut at 19-20 don’t age well if they continue playing CF. Same with Andruw Jones. Trout is only 32 but it’s already his 14th season. They should’ve moved him to left or right at around 28-29.

Neutrinos has never played sports in his life. Ever.

Last edited:

hotcabbagesoup

"I'm going to get what I deserve" -RutgerMcgroarty
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
I remember reading an article where Trout said he really loved eating candy. The reporter was kinda shocked but Trout said he eats a lot of candy. So I thought wow he can be elite while eating so much bad sugar, so I guess candy isn't so bad. Well, maybe that bad habit is catching up to him now.

• Haha
Reactions: Filthy Dangles

TheGreenTBer

the only language I speak is FAILURE
Apr 30, 2021
I remember reading an article where Trout said he really loved eating candy. The reporter was kinda shocked but Trout said he eats a lot of candy. So I thought wow he can be elite while eating so much bad sugar, so I guess candy isn't so bad. Well, maybe that bad habit is catching up to him now.
I HAVE SOMETHING IN COMMON WITH MIKE TROUT THIS IS THE GREATEST DAY EVER

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea

I think it was probably from playing violent video games

frisco

Some people claim that there's a woman to blame...
Sep 14, 2017
Northern Hemisphere
I don't know how he hurt his knee, but he was way more aggressive stealing bases this year which was a bit of a red flag for me. Combined with a demanding defensive position and his propensity to get injured-that's not a great combination. I hope he comes back as a full-time DH. His bat is still elite.

My Best-Carey

hotcabbagesoup

Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
tbh when I heard that quote from him I thought, hmm it's totally OK for me to eat candy then since Mike freaking Trout does and it doesnt affect him. but i mean i only eat candy around Halloween though

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
Basebal is not a physically demanding sport unless you're a pitcher or a catcher, so this idea that Trout needed to be protected by moving to a corner OF spot is laughable!

It's like saying the Penguins should've moved Crosby to the wing...

EDIT: If anything, I'd argue CF is safer because there's no risk of slamming into something in foul territory

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Filthy Dangles

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
Have the Angels ever had a long term contract actually work out well? They really need to check to see if the printer or maybe the pen they are using to sign them is cursed or something
Not sure if a 6 year contract is long-term in your criteria but Vlad's 5 contract + team option for 2009 definitely worked out well.

SepticFish

Jul 14, 2005
Have the Angels ever had a long term contract actually work out well? They really need to check to see if the printer or maybe the pen they are using to sign them is cursed or something
That's what happens when you build your stadium on an ancient burial ground. The Angels Curse: How Ancient Burial Grounds Caused Decades of Death and Tragedy. In 2002, the year they won the world series, a local tribe blessed the stadium before the season started. Maybe it's time to bring them back.

hotcabbagesoup

Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
Basebal is not a physically demanding sport unless

I would not agree.

Baseball for outfielders involves all out sprints and diving to catch the ball. But the more demanding part is the instant acceleration and stopping along the basepaths. You could be on first base and your body would get cold because the next batter would not put the ball in play and is taking so many pitches but then he hits one in the gapper and you gotta sprint all of a sudden. It is hell on the hamstrings. But it was worth it to be a one-time intramural champion in college. Glorious days.

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
Baseball is a nightmare for joints hence why knee, elbow, hip and wrist problems are common. Of course other than that you also get the ligament injuries you get in any 'running/jumping' sport.

I wouldn't be surprised if Trout is just plain done. On the other hand, there's no need for them to rush anything. It's not like the Angels are in a pennant race. Their window with Trout has likely closed regardless, but with him being so injury-prone now, it's not even like they'd be able to trade him for a good return anymore.

Cas

Conversational Black Hole
Sponsor
Jun 23, 2020
Baseball is a nightmare for joints hence why knee, elbow, hip and wrist problems are common. Of course other than that you also get the ligament injuries you get in any 'running/jumping' sport.

I wouldn't be surprised if Trout is just plain done. On the other hand, there's no need for them to rush anything. It's not like the Angels are in a pennant race. Their window with Trout has likely closed regardless, but with him being so injury-prone now, it's not even like they'd be able to trade him for a good return anymore.
With Trout's contract, injury history, age, and signs of decline, I think he has massive negative trade value - the Angels would have to eat a huge amount of salary and accept a handful of marginal lottery tickets.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad