Mike Richter

mrhockey193195

Nov 14, 2006
Denver, CO
As an example of my own bias - I used .920 as an arbitrary threshold for "great game" when comparing their regular seasons, but happily called game 2 against Pittsburgh where the Rangers won 6-5 in OT and Mike went 45/50 (i.e., .900) a "great game" because of the opponent and because of the result. So I invite people to challenge me on my assertions about Mike, I'm definitely speaking as much from the heart as I am from the head.

Reactions: Doctor No

The Panther

Mar 25, 2014
Tokyo, Japan
Completely off topic, but this made me check out the Whalers history, and is it just me or do they have - between Pietrangelo, Lenarduzzi, D'Alessio & Muzzatti - the most goalies with Italian surnames (rare as it is) in history? Three of them even dressed in the dismal '92-'93 season.
I'm guessing a lot of pasta was consumed on road trips...?

Reactions: Doctor No

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
vancouver had luongo, cesare maniago, jason labarbera, and frank caprice, and originally drafted d'alessio. brian burke, their former AGM, sent for him when he took the hartford job, giving us kay whitmore in return.

we also have michael dipietro on the way. he played for canada in the WJC last year.

Doctor No

Oct 26, 2005
hockeygoalies.org
As an example of my own bias - I used .920 as an arbitrary threshold for "great game" when comparing their regular seasons, but happily called game 2 against Pittsburgh where the Rangers won 6-5 in OT and Mike went 45/50 (i.e., .900) a "great game" because of the opponent and because of the result. So I invite people to challenge me on my assertions about Mike, I'm definitely speaking as much from the heart as I am from the head.

I believe that Vollman uses 0.920 as his arbitrary "good game" threshold still - I vary mine by year and opponent, but for today's game, 0.920 isn't a bad first-order approximation.

Reactions: mrhockey193195

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad