Mike Richards on waivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

HabsDieHard*

No the Habs definitely don't have enough cap space to take Richards. They have a lot of Allens'contract counting against the cap even though he's in the minors. The Gonchar for Moen deal also took up a lot of this years' cap space they had.

Doesn't make sense for the Habs to commit long term to a guy like Richards. He isn't big, he isn't a high end point producer.

I think someone will claim him, but I don't think the Habs will.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
No thanks. He's pretty bad and overpaid as hell.

If he's not good enough for a cup contender,he shouldn't be good enough for an aspiring cup contender either.

Bloumeister

Meister Mojo Rising
Apr 30, 2010
Planet Of Sound
twitter.com
p-k-laughs.jpg

:laugh:

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
If you don't take impecable care of your body in the new NHL, you will not last past your prime. This is what's happening to Richards.

Foltronic

Jan 21, 2015
If you don't take impecable care of your body in the new NHL, you will not last past your prime. This is what's happening to Richards.

Yep, I think it's a motivation issue. Could be due to fact that he's won just about everything you can playing hockey.

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
I personally think Mike Richards would do well in the East again. He wouldn't go through the same grind you do in the West, and maybe a change of scenery is all he needs.

I think he'd fit in well here to be honest. Lars Eller is a good 3rd line Centre but Richards would slot into that role perfectly, and he's won two cups there. He knows what it takes to win. Getting him might possibly free up some trade options where we could improve our line up in other ways (Say, in acquiring a top 6 RW or Top 4 D).

Yes, his contract is bad but I want to play Devil's advocate here and forget about that aspect. Would he be a good fit for our line-up on the ice? (not our payroll)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad