Mike Ribeiro charged with sexual assault

Montreal Shadow

Feb 18, 2008
Montreal
Not sure if this is the appropriate section because he hasn't played in the NHL in 5 years. Feel free to move it, mods.

Anyway, Mike Ribeiro is making the headlines for the wrong reasons again. Remember when he was accused of sexually assaulting his nanny? Well, something else came up.

The Dallas Morning News is reporting on Wednesday that former NHL forward Mike Ribeiro was charged with two counts of sexual assault on April 13th, with the charges being filed in Franklin County, Texas.

Ribeiro allegedly sexually assaulted two women on June 23rd, 2021, according to the Dallas Morning News, using his finger in his assault of one woman and his "sexual organ" on the other. He was reportedly arrested on April 28, 2022, and released on bond set at $200,000.

This is not the first time that Ribeiro has faced accusations of sexual assault.

In 2012, Ribeiro was sued along with his wife for sexually assaulting the couple's then-nanny, with the lawsuit alleging that Ribeiro sexually assaulted the nanny in his home while she was looking after his kids, as well as touching her inappropriately on numerous other occasions.

The lawsuit was eventually settled later that year and the terms of the settlement have not been released.

Ribeiro played 17 years in the NHL after being selected by the Montreal Canadiens with the 45th pick in the 1998 draft.

Source

The Grim Reaper

Apr 18, 2017
Hobart, Tasmania
Ribeiro when he found out about the charges.

GGo8jr.gif

Last edited:

Weztex

Feb 6, 2006
I remember a few years back when he was welcomed with open arms on a RDS talk show like it was this big homecoming. That was after his first sexual assault allegations and his arrest for trespassing. I was disgusted they even would have him there.

Then he spent some time bashing Saku Koivu. I have no respect for the guy. He’s trash.

Last edited:

Jeremy Hronek

Aug 18, 2009
chilliwack , bc
I remember a few years back when he was welcomed with open arms on a RDS talk show like it was this big homecoming. That was after his first sexual assault allegations and his arrest for trespassing. I was disgusted they even would have him there.

Then he spent some time bashing Saku Koivu. I have no respect for the guy. He’s trash.
What did he say about Koivu?

Ad

Ad

Ad