Confirmed with Link: Mike Reilly extended for 2 years (1.5M AAV)

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
1.5 for Reilly. 1.3 for Peca. 2.35 for Weise. That's a whole lot of ****ing money combined on spare parts. Those guys could all be replaced with guys on two-way contracts or sub-1M players.

That's what people don't get. Yeah, one salary at a time, it's nothing. 81.5 salary cap. Who cares about 1.5 right? But then, you start adding the pluggers and fillers and while you do need a few, I don't think you need as many. Just have the feeling that, again, we are building a depth that supports NOT a great sqaud. While depth should happen once that great squad is build. That's all. Was fine with Kulak. To a certain degree Folin. But Reilly had a chance and he blew it.

Somehow, that deserves a raise? To me, that just demonstrates the lack of confidence Bergevin has in himself to do something. And that can't be reassuring for fans. I couldn't care less about fillers if we knew that would be the only thing they'd be. And that we can surely bury them in Laval and make Laval a great team. But sorry if I don't have the confidence to think that this is what Bergevin is thinking.

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
That's what people don't get. Yeah, one salary at a time, it's nothing. 81.5 salary cap. Who cares about 1.5 right? But then, you start adding the pluggers and fillers and while you do need a few, I don't think you need as many. Just have the feeling that, again, we are building a depth that supports NOT a great sqaud. While depth should happen once that great squad is build. That's all. Was fine with Kulak. To a certain degree Folin. But Reilly had a chance and he blew it.

Somehow, that deserves a raise? To me, that just demonstrates the lack of confidence Bergevin has in himself to do something. And that can't be reassuring for fans.

I could have added Weal at 1.4M too. Add all of those salaries up and it's f***ing 6.5M on players who are not even regulars on most NHL teams.

Ridiculous. And just watch us add another plumber at 1.5-2M like we do every f***ing offseason on July 1st.

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

WinterLion

Oct 1, 2017
Reilly was really good at times last year. I'm happy he was not bitter about not playing down the stretch. I guess he knows he needs to work on his game and improve. That's good.

Reactions: Harpo and HabsTown

shamrun

Jun 5, 2008
vancouver
He had some good flashes though. Maybe the habs believe in him to take over benns minutes. If he can keep his composure playing limited minutes in a bottom pairing role he could be good.

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
He had some good flashes though. Maybe the habs believe in him to take over benns minutes. If he can keep his composure playing limited minutes in a bottom pairing role he could be good.

Good flashes that never translates regularly is the exact definition of what a AHL'er is. This is what separates AHL'er to NHL'er.

Reactions: Da Grinder

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
At this point, if Bergevin does nothing by July 3rd (let's not kid ourselves, he's not getting fired this summer), I hope we start the season 0-10. Just so he gets the f*** away from this team and goes back in Chicago to rot there. Enough. This guy learns absolutely nothing, has absolutely no f***ing clue how to make improvements to that team, and probably has a sub-80 IQ to go along with it.

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
Just strange...you hear some people talk here and it makes sense 'cause he's a fine player after all. Something EVEN THE COACHING STAFF didn't think by NOT using him when it counted the most.

Reactions: Justin11

Kotkaniemi15

Sep 18, 2018
Montreal
The only good signing Bergevin has made so far is Kulak at 1.85M for 3 years. Everything else has been awful. We won't even have enough cap space for Duchene now.

Guy Larose

Jan 25, 2018
This is MB spending his cap space then he can say in the end when he doesn't do anything significant, that he had to pay his players first that we have to keep money for whatever happens in the future lol

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
The only good signing Bergevin has made so far is Kulak at 1.85M for 3 years. Everything else has been awful. We won't even have enough cap space for Duchene now.

This deal has no effect on if Montreal has cap space or not for Duchene. Not with how many players they can/will need to waive.

Not that Montreal is going to sign Duchene (nor should they).

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
I didn't mind Reilly despite his defensive flaws but it looks like we are standing pat on the defense...

They are planning on rolling:

Mete - Weber
Kulak - Petry
Reilly - Juulsen
Folin

Interesting...

AevgXrO.jpg

Reactions: Runner77

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad