Mike Matheson receiving Death Threats

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Unfortunate that the minority of Canucks fans really ruins that team's reputation.

lJ1O1zc.jpg

This is the dog fyi. Florida has a small fanbase, but no one targeted Domi. Hopefully Petterson is fine but this is ridiculous now.

Motte and Bailey

Jun 21, 2017
I would be lying if I said I didn't fantasize about Matheson getting payback for the hit but to go and act on those kind of thoughts by sending them to him on social media is just poor form. Probably some troubled youths with access to the internet. By now most people have cooled off. At this point I'm much more angry about Duncan Keith's elbow to the head of Daniel Sedin 5 years ago than Matheson's hit earlier this week.

It's really no surprise in this age for this to happen when you make tens of thousands of people very angry at the same time. It's part of being a public figure now. I would've been really surprised if he didn't receive any death threats. I don't think any of them are credible though but this could get a whole lot worse if Pettersson doesn't come back to his old self soon.

Reactions: amethyst

canuckster19

Former CDC Mod
Sep 23, 2008
Gothenburg Sweden
Here's the lowdown on fan base bashing. You can talk about idiot fans who do stupid things. No problem. The people that are the topic of this thread are definitely that. What you cannot do is generalize and lump all fans together under one giant black umbrella. There are two reasons for that. Number one, it's stupid. Number two, it never leads anywhere good in the discussion.

Number 3, all fan bases are guilty of the same behavior to varying degrees.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Matheson had stated his internt was not for EP to get injured, has apologized and accepts the suspension. Even tho im really angry with EP getting concussed I’ll have to say that this is as good of an outcome as it gets from this unfortunate incident.
I don’t expect anyone wants to injury another. Did he hurt to get a good lick on him? Yes... just that extra shove was unnecessary hen he’s already on his way down.

There’s some idiots behind a keyboard.

Reactions: Chairman Maouth

Chairman Maouth

Retired Staff
Apr 29, 2009
Comox Valley
Here's the lowdown on fan base bashing. You can talk about idiot fans who do stupid things. No problem. The people that are the topic of this thread are definitely that. What you cannot do is generalize and lump all fans together under one giant black umbrella. There are two reasons for that. Number one, it's stupid. Number two, it never leads anywhere good in the discussion.

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
While I think this is reprehinsible behavior, I view it more of a byproduct of passion and love for the sport. Let's not judge the group by the actions of the vocal minority.
But unreflected actions based on uncontrolled emotions are purely reserved for the internet terrorists. An athlete, who plays a full contact sport, needs to control his emotions and actions every millisecond on the ice. There is no excuse for those so called fans.

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
First you like this two posts:
Oh wow threats, imagine if they took it to the next level and choke slammed him to the ice or something.

Well don't body slam our rookie next time ya dingus.
Than you come back with this post:
I would be lying if I said I didn't fantasize about Matheson getting payback for the hit but to go and act on those kind of thoughts by sending them to him on social media is just poor form. Probably some troubled youths with access to the internet. By now most people have cooled off. At this point I'm much more angry about Duncan Keith's elbow to the head of Daniel Sedin 5 years ago than Matheson's hit earlier this week.

It's really no surprise in this age for this to happen when you make tens of thousands of people very angry at the same time. It's part of being a public figure now. I would've been really surprised if he didn't receive any death threats. I don't think any of them are credible though but this could get a whole lot worse if Pettersson doesn't come back to his old self soon.
We are talking about you (FINGER POINTING) in this thread.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad