Proposal: Mike Matheson+26OV to the Seattle Kraken for the 8OV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tatar Shots

Feb 2, 2014
Because I knew the general reaction would be no, so I was gauging how much Montreal would have to add.

Everyone who posts asking what it should take should base their trade around the only traded top 10 pick in the cap era, the Debrincat trade.

Debrincat was a 24 year old top line player who the previous two seasons played 134 games and put up 134 points with 73 goals. Then keep in mind that this trade still blew up in the Sens face.

Suzuki is the best comparable on the Habs as 24 year old top line player. What would it take to convince the Kraken to trade 8th overall to the Habs? Probably Suzuki.

And yeah, yeah, I know. There is no way you want to trade Suzuki for the pick.

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
Ron Francis doesn’t operate that way and he shouldn’t given where the Kraken are competitively.

Plus, Matheson slots behind Dunn on the depth chart. 2nd unit PP time alone would kill the production that supposedly justifies his valuation.

archangel2

May 19, 2019
Kraken seems to have a hole at 2 LHD, Mike Matheson could be an option for them at a controlled cap space.

Do Seattle fans say no, or F no?
Do not have to be a seattle fan to realize they say no. MM value is not thst high high.

What about that package for MIN 13OV?
5 to 6 spots at most. He is also 12 months away from.UFA. The could get a late 1st.at the deadline

Reactions: harv33173
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad