Confirmed with Link: Scott Ford hired, Mike Haviland promoted to assistant coaches. Boll, McCarthy retained. Recchi, Dorsett out

CBJx614

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 25, 2012
C-137
First ding for Evason. Disappointing. Nobody can tell you what the guy does, except that “he’s great for the community.”
Who have you talked to that is apart of the org? Posters don't count when you say "nobody can tell you"

Evason is keeping him for a reason. Obviously we as posters don't have a f***ing clue...we also don't count/matter

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
First ding for Evason. Disappointing. Nobody can tell you what the guy does, except that “he’s great for the community.”
Based on what exactly ? Your practices under Larsen and PV ? Seems like a Darby Hendrickson type mold that Evason liked in Minnesota .. the fact you can’t name what he’s not doing well is more telling in my opinion . We don’t go to practices , but McCarthy has been head of the D core for what 3 years ? And the results were bad ..

Indy18

Aug 17, 2023
I figured McCarthy would be the one to go but it is a bit of a shakeup

cbjthrowaway

Jul 4, 2020
EZAAX2KXQAE5rfl.jpg

CBJWerenski8

Rest in Peace Johnny
Jun 13, 2009

• Mike Haviland, an associate coach with the Blue Jackets’ American Hockey League affiliate in Cleveland the past two seasons, has been promoted to join the Blue Jackets’ staff under new coach Dean Evason.

• Assistant coach Steve McCarthy, who has been with the organization for eight seasons, including the past three years as a Blue Jackets assistant, will be retained, as will fellow assistant Jared Boll.

• Evason, along with Blue Jackets president and GM Don Waddell, are expected to name another assistant coach in the coming days.

It’s unclear how the roles will be delegated among the assistants on Evason’s first staff in Columbus. McCarthy has coached the defense and penalty kill for the past three seasons in Columbus, but that’s Haviland’s forte, too.

Haviland has previous NHL coaching experience. He was an assistant with Chicago from 2008-12, when the Blackhawks grew into one of the NHL powerhouse teams. He’s also coached in the AHL, ECHL and college ranks, spending seven seasons at Colorado College.

squashmaple

gudbranson apologist
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2022
Columbus
With Chicago from 2008-2012, you say? Trying to remember if something monumental for that franchise happened during that period that cost powerful people their jobs and ruined a teenager’s life, but it’s not quite coming to me.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
With Chicago from 2008-2012, you say? Trying to remember if something monumental for that franchise happened during that period that cost powerful people their jobs and ruined a teenager’s life, but it’s not quite coming to me.
Yeah. Indefinitely suspend everyone who was in the organization at the time. Especially those who didn't know anything about it.

I wonder how many people who are so adamant about this have ever stood and spoken about misdoings of their employers. My guess is that there isn't a whistleblower among them.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad