Mike Bossy vs Pavel Bure who's the better goal scorer all time?

Who's the better goal scorer all time Mike Bossy or Pavel Bure?

• Mike Bossy

Votes: 14 93.3%
  • Pavel Bure

Votes: 1 6.7%

• Total voters

Crosby2010

Mar 4, 2023
I like to talk about hockey but i have no one to talk about it with because no one knows anything about it, where i live its not popular. Not meaning to annoy people.

Post what you want, I like to talk hockey too! If I am not interested I won't click on it.

The answer to this question is Bossy quite easily I think. Bossy retired early, like Bure, but at least until his last season he was healthy, and 9 straight 50 goal seasons is epic regardless of era. Bure was a fine playoff performer, but he did not have the longevity in the playoffs that Bossy did. And Bossy did the same thing in the playoffs as the regular season. You have to go with Bossy here.

Reactions: Dr John Carlson

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
Based on talent alone and each at their absolute peak Id be inclined to go with Bure here by a slight amount, overall though I believe Bossy is rightly ranked ahead as a player and goal scorer. His 9 straight 50 goal seasons to start his career and 4 60+ along with consecutive 17 goal playoffs are legendary stuff. Switch their teams and eras and this could be a different conversation but as it played out it’s hard not to go with Bossy.

MadLuke

Jan 18, 2011
To me they can feel a little bit too close to call in term of peak goal scoring ability and result, 94 playoff Bure was really good, from 1986 to today, 1996 Sakic and 1991 Kevin Stevens scored more goal than him in a run.

All-time as said just above, consistency with similar peak, unfair or not, make it really easy to give it to Bossy. he won 4 cups scoring 61 goals in 72 games.

It was a bit of a low parity era but if we look only against solid playoff teams during those 4 years (boston, buf, edm, rangers, flyers, vancouver), he scored 43 in 49, that high level playoff hockey, good competition and scoring at a 1goal per game.

They both have spectacular intl resume, spectacular pre-nhl goal scoring, when it come to score a lot of goals they already did and everywhere when they were able to play, Bossy did it more and in a row.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad