Player Discussion Mika Zibanejad

RangersFan

Feb 27, 2002
NY, NY
Do you guys remember Brad Richards noticeable drop off in foot speed and impact in his second season here? Mika is at the same age, 31-32. A lot of athletes drop off around this age as well, it's not unusual. His highs were high here, hence the fan reaction. Might have to accept the type of player he is. Lavi might have to as well, not our 1C.

lakeshirts37

Jun 25, 2019
Do you guys remember Brad Richards noticeable drop off in foot speed and impact in his second season here? Mika is at the same age, 31-32. A lot of athletes drop off around this age as well, it's not unusual. His highs were high here, hence the fan reaction. Might have to accept the type of player he is. Lavi might have to as well, not our 1C.
I think you’re spot on. Mika is just hitting a natural decline. Unfortunately, it’s a couple years too soon.

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016
I think you’re spot on. Mika is just hitting a natural decline. Unfortunately, it’s a couple years too soon.
Except Mika doesn’t look slower. He looks like he wants no part of actual contact.
At his best he drove the center of the ice, wasn’t physical but wasn’t shy to contact.
He was aggressive with the puck, and just always shot it.

He’s doing none of those things now. He stays on the perimeter, he defers constantly, and he passes up wide open shots

Reactions: RangersFan1994

Siddi

Rangers Masochist
Mar 8, 2013
Global
Except Mika doesn’t look slower. He looks like he wants no part of actual contact.
At his best he drove the center of the ice, wasn’t physical but wasn’t shy to contact.
He was aggressive with the puck, and just always shot it.

He’s doing none of those things now. He stays on the perimeter, he defers constantly, and he passes up wide open shots
I agree with this. Nothing suggests that he lost any speed. It is all in his head.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad