Player Discussion Mika Zibanejad

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Family is way more important than the game. Let’s not get it twisted

But he’s a professional getting paid a lot of money. It’s not excusable in that regard

Reactions: Atax

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
It’s not like he’s the first player to ever have a family lol.

I think it’s more to do with him signing that retirement contract.

and the absolute lack of accountability placed on him and the team by Laviolette.

He has no reason to change his approach until there are consequences , I.e. losing his precious PP spot or god forbid being split up from his bestie

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
I hate to judge players based on anything other than on ice results, but even in his home opener hype video, this guy came across as distracted and lacking passion. He’s an extremely physically talented human, talented enough to be a really good NHL player while coasting, but he does not seem to have a burning desire in his belly to win and dominate.

For as much shit as he gets, at least Trouba has that fire. Who thinks Mika would survive a Mike Keenan style house cleaning?
On a podcast before Mika said that hockey isn’t even his favorite sport and that he’d rather be a soccer player. That was the moment I would’ve traded him

Reactions: Synergy27

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
This guy is crashing down from his peak at an alarming rate. From 92 points to 73 points last year, wouldn't be surprised if he's in the low 60s this year. It's f***ing scary we have another 5 full years after this season of him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad