Prospect Info: Miguel Marques - RW | 87th Overall (3rd round) | 2024 NHL Draft

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
The Predators get a good skater that is described as having triple-threat offensive skill. He is a strong shooter and can get his shots around defenders to get the puck to the net. He is a good passer who likes to feed the puck to teammates, but if needed to, can also take it to the net himself and get around opposing players.
Marques was generally ranked a lot higher than 87 due to his offensive ability, so Nashville should be very happy with grabbing someone with this type of skill at this point in the draft. Everything to do with offense, Marques is doing. - The Hockey News

Daily Faceoff prospect analyst Steven Ellis, rated Marques No. 62 overall

“If one thing stands out here, it’s Marques’ confidence. He’s just 5-foot-11, but he’s not afraid of bigger players, and it shows in how feisty he gets. Marques’ numbers have been excellent this season and he’s got enough skill in bursts to beat just about anyone in the WHL in 1-on-1 situations. I just wish he’d shoot the puck more because he has too many quiet games.”

Now we're talkin'

Reactions: PredsV82

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
I think some teams are turned off by his fearlessness since he isnt that big of a player. Afraid he will run into injury issues if he keeps it up.

I like this pick though

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
marquesprofile.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad