Confirmed with Link: Middleton extended (4 years x 4.35M AAV, limited NTC)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Pick one

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
I’ll just let you guys be mad and compare your apples and oranges, I think it would be hilarious to see a Sabre’s fan thoughts on this though. They literally had the worst win percentage in all 4 big sports for over a decade timeframe. We had two month stretches where we won more games than they did all season during this time.

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
MN sports fans consider a first round playoff drubbing a win. That is the pathetic disgusting sad reality and it’s what our owner wants. I’ve about had it

Reactions: keppel146

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
I’ll just let you guys be mad and compare your apples and oranges, I think it would be hilarious to see a Sabre’s fan thoughts on this though. They literally had the worst win percentage in all 4 big sports for over a decade timeframe. We had two month stretches where we won more games than they did all season during this time.
Who cares , the wild feast on basement dweller teams in their best stretches and everyone knows it. This team isn’t any closer to being a contender than Buffalo is and that will hold true for the foreseeable future. Billy did that and did it will a red faced smile selling us all on grit.

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
Mad? I just think it's funny to think "we're better than the Sabres" is a badge of honor.
We are better than the 2010-2020 Sabres. I don’t know how that could possibly be arguable. I never said it was a badge of honor, I said it was a nonsense comparison that someone else made. You changing the parameters to the franchises as whole has nothing to do with it. I am not ripping their org, I am saying that our team does not compare to the literal worst decade of sports performance we have seen in the modern era.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I dated it to mid/late 20teens for BUF. I'm not going back for the entirety of the franchise. The current (last and current) rosters are the mid/late teens BUF teams.

Seriously if Kap got injured/left how far would a Boldy/JEE/Zucc? top line take this team? Not sniffing the Playoffs, and probably a few points under .500. Right were BUF was those year.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
It's the idea that the regular season is somehow a measuring stick. I don't get it, because to me you're not successful unless you win in the playoffs, but some people are perfectly okay with just winning in the regular season and falling flat on your face in the postseason.

Most truly great franchises would laugh at that idea, but Wild fans embrace it.
I still want enjoyment from watching 82 games over 6 months.

Just give me an entertaining playoff team, and I'll take my chances on the rest.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012

Just give me an entertaining playoff team, and I'll take my chances on the rest.

Yeah, that's what they've been aiming for for nigh on 25 years and this is what we get when that's your goal

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
My hot take is that fans are too infatuated with championships that they have no part in winning. I kind of don't care if we're out in the 1st or 2nd round as long as I enjoyed the journey enough.

But I'm probably part of the problem.

For sure

Saga of the Elk

Honoured Person
May 31, 2008
My hot take is that fans are too infatuated with championships that they have no part in winning. I kind of don't care if we're out in the 1st or 2nd round as long as I enjoyed the journey enough.

Championships and deep playoff runs are like heroin. You are actually better off with some freshly-squeezed lemonade or even a glass of spring water. No high to chase, no stress, just the quiet enjoyment of a group of guys doing their darndest.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN

I want a championship more than anything else, being three months old the last time a MN team made it to the championship round (let alone win). But it's sure more fun to watch a good and/or entertaining team all year than a team that sucks for five years. The best year with the previous core (Granlund, Zucker, Coyle, Nino, etc) and the year where we had a million empty net goal comebacks were by far my two favorite years watching the Wild - they were entertaining all year long with a good team.

Last year I didn't even find the team interesting to watch - it was the least I've watched in 15 years, and I'm the most apathetic I've been towards the Wild since then.

I guess all of that is to say, I also want to enjoy the journey. But I need to feel the elation of one of my favorite teams finally winning it all.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Championships and deep playoff runs are like heroin. You are actually better off with some freshly-squeezed lemonade or even a glass of spring water. No high to chase, no stress, just the quiet enjoyment of a group of guys doing their darndest.
I want a championship more than anything else, being three months old the last time a MN team made it to the championship round (let alone win). But it's sure more fun to watch a good and/or entertaining team all year than a team that sucks for five years. The best year with the previous core (Granlund, Zucker, Coyle, Nino, etc) and the year where we had a million empty net goal comebacks were by far my two favorite years watching the Wild - they were entertaining all year long with a good team.

Last year I didn't even find the team interesting to watch - it was the least I've watched in 15 years, and I'm the most apathetic I've been towards the Wild since then.

I guess all of that is to say, I also want to enjoy the journey. But I need to feel the elation of one of my favorite teams finally winning it all.

I got to follow the Diamondbacks, through their 110 loss season, all the way to making the World Series run. It's not even about winning it all. I'm sure winning it all is even better, but it's knowing that you have a chance to win it all. Knowing that you're probably losing in round one isn't fun in the slightest.

Wabit

May 23, 2016

There has to be a good tv booth crew too. I've turned off too many games the last couple of years because of the booth crew.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I think I've maybe listened to Wild games 10 times in the last 2 years. And I don't necessarily have anything against the crew.

This is probably a "me" thing, but I like/want the play by play if I'm watching the game on tv.

The last couple of years I've been zoning out or start multitasking unless Kap (or a player on the other team) is on the ice while watching the game. The Yeo trap games were more entertaining to me than the on-ice product MN has had lately.

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
This is probably a "me" thing, but I like/want the play by play if I'm watching the game on tv.

The last couple of years I've been zoning out or start multitasking unless Kap (or a player on the other team) is on the ice while watching the game. The Yeo trap games were more entertaining to me than the on-ice product MN has had lately.
I think LaPanta is actually pretty decent at PBP. They just have never found a great color guy to match him with, although I do like Carter.

I don’t think any Minnesota broadcast has had as good of a duo as Dick & Bert were with the Twins.

Reactions: Wild11MN

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I think LaPanta is actually pretty decent at PBP. They just have never found a great color guy to match him with, although I do like Carter.

I don’t think any Minnesota broadcast has had as good of a duo as Dick & Bert were with the Twins.

I'm fine with LaPanta. Carter is acceptable, but miles ahead of the rest of the revolving door of color guys.

Walz, Nanne, and Parish I just can't stand. A couple of the women (ESPN maybe?) I can't stand either. I'd much rather have Nordy doing the color. At least he'd be silent and just bang his drum a couple times a period.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
“MN isn't a contender because GMBG turned this team into mid/late 20-teens Buffalo.”

What does 2003 and 2006 have to do with that? He gave a hard timeline of the literal worst performing franchise in all sports as our comparable and I responded to that comparison.
"Turning the team into" means what's happening to the team now, in real time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad