Microsoft Xbox Discussion Part II

Mikeaveli

Sep 25, 2013
Edmonton, AB
I won't have a chance to watch it myself until later today but it seems like they had a decent showing. I didn't expect Perfect Dark to be there. No date for Avowed is surprising though.

Sad People

Jun 4, 2021
Microsoft kinda owned.

Prequel Gears of war. This might be the first GoW ive played since like 2 or 3.

I had NO interest in playing CoD again but after watching BLOPS 6 im atleast interested.

New Fable.

Stalker 2 as well. Seemed really cool.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Left excited for the new Doom: The Dark Ages, and def am interested in Indiana Jones. Perfect Dark looks interesting. Wish we heard what Double Fine has in the works, but not surprised to not see them there. Hopefully these games can meet their targetted dates.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
That was the best Games showcase Ive seen in years.

Probably since the Playstation E3 show where FF7R was revealed and Last Guardian got a date.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
So I guess these are the trends we are going to see in future gaming...

1. Every main protagonist is a woman, black woman gets you extra brownie points.

2. Zombies are the only bad guys game studios can now create.

3. Post apocalypse world is the only setting game studios can create.

4. Rehashes is the only IP games worth making now (aka COD).

A black samurai in the shogun era was probably the funniest thing I saw today. Oh Ubisoft, being too Asian is now too close to being white skin?

I did see a lot of good stuff but not a lot of stuff I will have the time to play. I think Expedition 33 is the most interesting of the list and is something new.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Beau Knows

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Not that I care about the flying games, but damn the MS Flight Simulator looks amazing. It also looks like a game that needs a 3k computer to run it.

Wuchang would be super interesting if Ghosts of Tsushima wasn't released. No way Wu will ever come close to GoT amazingness.

Loved the uniqueness of Mixtape and South of Midnight.

Indiana Jones looked great except the gameplay looked super awkward like it was so slow or something.

Perfect Dark looked damn amazing. Starfield expansion also was pretty ridiculous, very Destiny-esque in a good way.

Last edited:

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
So I guess these are the trends we are going to see in future gaming...

1. Every main protagonist is a woman, black woman gets you extra brownie points.

2. Zombies are the only bad guys game studios can now create.

3. Post apocalypse world is the only setting game studios can create.

4. Rehashes is the only IP games worth making now (aka COD).

A black samurai in the shogun era was probably the funniest thing I saw today. Oh Ubisoft, being too Asian is now too close to being white skin?

I did see a lot of good stuff but not a lot of stuff I will have the time to play. I think Expedition 33 is the most interesting of the list and is something new.
Counterpoint: accounts for the 45ish years of no (black) women. Though with Fable, you get a choice of the gender of the main character.

Apparently it's based on actual historical figures and events.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Right? Seeing people get upset at this or even point it out bugs me. Now imagine being a women or someone from a marginalized group with literally decades of no representation.
Yeah, although I can understand being from the Commodore 64 generation, when making "white" pixel men was easier/the norm, but I can look at it from a kids viewpoint. "Mom, why are these characters always white/men?" Might have killed many kids interest in some video games back in the day. Somewhat on that note but I remember seeing some kids reactions to the latest "The Little Mermaid" trailer and the comments like "She's like me!" tells you exactly why representation, or the ability to choose the appearance of a character, matters these days. It's not taking anything away from me but possibly giving lots to others. The more people are playing video games, the better for the industry.

Reactions: Sad People

Sad People

Jun 4, 2021
Yeah, although I can understand being from the Commodore 64 generation, when making "white" pixel men was easier/the norm, but I can look at it from a kids viewpoint. "Mom, why are these characters always white/men?" Might have killed many kids interest in some video games back in the day. Somewhat on that note but I remember seeing some kids reactions to the latest "The Little Mermaid" trailer and the comments like "She's like me!" tells you exactly why representation, or the ability to choose the appearance of a character, matters these days. It's not taking anything away from me but possibly giving lots to others. The more people are playing video games, the better for the industry.
Well said. The live stream chat of the event was gross.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Right? Seeing people get upset at this or even point it out bugs me. Now imagine being a women or someone from a marginalized group with literally decades of no representation.
Why am I mad?

I remember seeing some kids reactions to the latest "The Little Mermaid" trailer and the comments like "She's like me!" tell you exactly why representation, or the ability to choose the appearance of a character, matters these days.
Counterpoint, making characters non-white is actually more racist because it shows that you are bypassing their culture and focusing on stories you know work...which are all fairytales made in 1500 Europe. Don't you think Africa has fantastic folk tales that are as good as Europe's? I know I do. All I am implying is if you're Assassin's Creed, make an African game (non-Egypt) in Nairobi, Kenya, don't make an Asian samurai game and put black characters in it.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Beau Knows

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Why am I mad?

Counterpoint, making characters non-white is actually more racist because it shows that you are bypassing their culture and focusing on stories you know work...which are all fairytales made in 1500 Europe. Don't you think Africa has fantastic folk tales that are as good as Europe's? I know I do. All I am implying is if you're Assassin's Creed, make an African game (non-Egypt) in Nairobi, Kenya, don't make an Asian samurai game and put black characters in it.
Again, Yasuke is an actual historical figure as a black samurai. It's more in line with Shogun the book and show.

And when it comes to fairy tales, we're talking about mermaids and what-not, so skin color, realism and logic has already checked out. Might as well be blue skinned and wear white hats and pants. :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad