Rumor: Michkov to NA

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
Habs gonna regret this was shocked they passed on him.
they are allergic to high end talent. the most skilled player their team has had in the past like 30 years has been Alexei Kovalev.

Rarely happens to be honest...

Here are the last 1OA's... almost none of them won the Calder

View attachment 885922

Nothing but elite players but very few Calder trophies... without googling I'm guessing Kane, Matthews and Mack and I could be dead wrong.
what u talking about man? atleast a few there. Bedard should win this year too

Whalers Fan

Go Habs!
Sep 24, 2012
Plymouth, MI
Well, officially it doesn't need to be the money for Michkov. I mean, Comcast could just buy some jerseys from the SKA shop for a solid chunk of money, nothing wrong with that.
I don't think the NHL would see it that way. You could petty much guarantee that the Flyers would lose at least one 1st round pick if Comcast did this.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Well, officially it doesn't need to be the money for Michkov. I mean, Comcast could just buy some jerseys from the SKA shop for a solid chunk of money, nothing wrong with that.
Wouldn't matter.

However a report came out the Canes tried to buyout Nikishin's contract and nothing came of that, so maybe the NHL doesn't really care anymore.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Wouldn't matter.

However a report came out the Canes tried to buyout Nikishin's contract and nothing came of that, so maybe the NHL doesn't really care anymore.

I personally think it's some indirect schemes like guaranteed loan etc.

And I'm sure Comcast has a lot of partners all around the world, and any of them could give money to Michkov...

Last edited:

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
One: I think it's safe to assume the Flyers would help coordinate, or in the very least be "passively aware of," the buyout of Michkov's SKA deal.

Two: Michkov's agent is now Brisson, as of the last month. Brisson has represented and continues to represent many of the league's major names (even Briere in his playing days!) The agent can help buy out the player's deal. I think Brisson would be able to put a million dollars together pretty easily if he knew representing Michkov right off the bat would make him much more money in the long term.

Three: Yes, I am sure the NHL is just chomping at the bit to investigate and punish one of its largest-market teams for potentially knowing about/assisting in bringing another potential superstar to the league. Totally man.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
they are allergic to high end talent. the most skilled player their team has had in the past like 30 years has been Alexei Kovalev.

what u talking about man? atleast a few there. Bedard should win this year too
You highlighted 'almost none of them'.... I didn't say all of them didn't win it. 4 out of 20? Am I close?

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
This. Torts played Tippett hella minutes
And in case someone wants to claim that he'll be anti-Russian on some kind of vague base principle, feel free to cite Artemi Panarin during his tenure here in Columbus.

If Michkov is ready and willing to put in the work, Torts will give him the chance.
although for purely selfish reasons I wish he wouldn't ;)

Reactions: FlyguyOX

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
on paper, Flyers offensive roster looks as boring and weak as any team in the league. I hope he will get some support, but Ovie scored 100+ on a terrible team with no support

RebuildinVan

Jun 25, 2017
Me: let him land in NA and see how he does under Torts 1st

Also me: how many rounds down my keeper fantasy draft do I let him fall?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad