Rumor: Michkov to NA

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018

According to SE, Philadelphia may pay SKA up to a million dollars to buy out the contract of striker Matvey Michkov.

Let us remind you that the hockey player’s agreement with the army team is valid until the end of the 2025/26 season, but it is planned that it will be terminated and the player will go to the NHL.

Also, according to our information, Michkov has changed his agent in North America - now his interests are represented by Paul Theofanos.

Philadelphia selected Michkov seventh overall in the 2023 NHL Entry Draft.
Teams can't buy out a contract, so something negative will come out of this.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Might be a couple other rookies who pop too, but michkov will likely put up huge numbers and run away with the rookie award. PPG player in year one?

Under Torts style of play ? Nearly impossible

They need to take away Torts' authority over the PP. Just say it's Michkov's PP now, let him play the full 2 minutes. He could get 40 PP points, maybe 50 someday like Kucherov.

5v5 Michkov is going to need a lot of help, at least to start off. I don't think point per game is in the cards this coming season regardless of the coach.

Adam Warlock

Apr 15, 2006
They need to take away Torts' authority over the PP. Just say it's Michkov's PP now, let him play the full 2 minutes. He could get 40 PP points, maybe 50 someday like Kucherov.

5v5 Michkov is going to need a lot of help, at least to start off. I don't think point per game is in the cards this coming season regardless of the coach.
Their PP is run by Rocky Thompson and has been bottom of the league the past 2 seasons...yet he still has a job.

Btw...Thompson was a career goon with no offensive skills and prior to coming to philly, he took off his shirt and tried to fight a player in an earlier coaching gig.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013

The Flyers have a goon called Rocky Thompson running their 32nd ranked PP. The organization is too lazy to replace him.

Edit - didn’t read the post above me till after I made mine. :laugh:

Caser

RUSProspects @ gmail. com
May 21, 2013
Riga
twitter.com
Comcast owns the Flyers, so this would be seen as a salary cap circumvention and subject to league discipline. Probably a huge fine and loss of draft picks.
Well, officially it doesn't need to be the money for Michkov. I mean, Comcast could just buy some jerseys from the SKA shop for a solid chunk of money, nothing wrong with that.

Reactions: FlyguyOX

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad