Prospect Info: Michael Pezzetta - 160th overall (2016 draft)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NewDef

Nov 2, 2015
Yep, there are guys like that who you just wish he can make it...

Evans was a big one to me, he's in the show now. Romanov too, fudge that smile and battle hard... yah. Caufield, just do it kid!

Right now i don't see pezetta as 13th but he would likely hold his own in the nhl if one of Anderson/Armia/lekhonen gets injured. Our bottom 6 is too good when everybody is healthy at the moment.

Still, he's cool to watch on the ice and the bench. Joy incarnate :)

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Usually Habs overpay this type of player as UFA like Prust or try to trade for one at deadline like King. Hopefully he can develop into that gritty 4th line pest type and be the team that let's him go when he's asking too much. He seems to have good hands in front of the net for tips.

Reactions: L4br3cqu3

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
a couple of us that watch all the Laval games have said several times that he could end up seeing NHL games due to his skating and toughness. He looked much better last year as it was suggested that perhaps Bouchard talked to him to get him to tone it down and focus more on bringing energy and not trying to take someone's head off as early on he clearly was walking the line between smart and dumb in terms of his physical play. If he can keep that up, I would not be the least bit surprised to see him get NHL games in.

Jul 6, 2016
If Paquette is away for a bit longer and they decide to send Poehling down to Laval, I could see him as #13 forward to start the season with Belzile as #12. They could alternate depending of opponents.

Max2

Nov 17, 2013
He seems to be a good skater and has a great shot as well. A guy like that who plays with a psychotic edge could be useful against idiotic teams like the Bruins.

Reactions: Tyson

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
I rather like to have a guy like Pezzetta than Belzile. Both won’t bring you much of points/offense, but. At least, pezzetta bring a physicality than Belzile doesnt bring

This x 1000.

And belzile is slow af. We tried him the past two seasons and he sucked. Somehow, we give him a spot on the fourth line when he’s been outplayed in this camp. Habs brass logic in a nutshell.

Jul 6, 2016
This x 1000.

And belzile is slow af. We tried him the past two seasons and he sucked. Somehow, we give him a spot on the fourth line when he’s been outplayed in this camp. Habs brass logic in a nutshell.

He was not given a 4th line spot. Other players have to prove they are better than him.

Reactions: Dutronc

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
How did he play tonight?
The guy could probably make a team that's weak on the wings and uses an energy 4th line but there's no chance he's better than Lehkonen and Armia who will be our 4th line wingers when Hoffman is ready to go.

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
I really like the kid. Heart of a lion.

Pezzetta or not, we will need somebody to do the dirty work. We can’t let Anderson do it all alone. And we can’t afford to loose Edmundson or Chiarot to injury ‘cause our defence suck.

East team are a lot tougher this year. And we could have the softest forward group of it all.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site

Pezzetta or not, we will need somebody to do the dirty work. We can’t let Anderson do it all alone. And we can’t afford to loose Edmundson or Chiarot to injury ‘cause our defence suck.

East team are a lot tougher this year. And we could have the softest forward group of it all.
Team toughness, has taken a hit..............Pezetta could help there, big time....has he done enough to be kept on?

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque

This.

Physical play will always exist, fortunately the time of goons is over, but 'gooning' isn't. Not saying we need Pezzetta on a permanent basis, cause skill wise he's pretty bad, but his speed and fearlessness can always help, he will annoy and scrap with anybody, people are right to compare him to White (although he was more skilled) in the way he plays. Greg Stewart too, if he didn't forget he had to work if he wanted to stay in the NHL.

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
Rangers: Reaves, Goodrow, Tinordi
Washington: Wilson
NyIslanders: Johnston, Martin, Chara, Cizikas
Toronto: Ritchie, Simmonds
Devils: Just claimed Geertsen
Etc

East became tough as hell. And we got softer.

Reactions: JurequeparJuraj

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
The guy could probably make a team that's weak on the wings and uses an energy 4th line but there's no chance he's better than Lehkonen and Armia who will be our 4th line wingers when Hoffman is ready to go.

How much better is Lehk? If the difference is negligible, could we use Lehk as trade bait, get a pick or something for him while a
Saving salary and use Pezzeta on the 4th next year going forward ?

Reactions: Hannibal

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Pezzetta is a Carcillo/Rinaldo type and they have moments where they are needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad