Value of: Michael McLeod to EDM

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

macbowes

Aug 1, 2022
Victoria
EDM could use an upgrade at C in their bottom 6, and McLeod brings a nice combination of speed, size, R-shot, and face-off dominance. He brings some offense, currently at 10-9-19 in 40GP, pacing for nearly 20 goals 40 points. Obviously there's the familiarity, being Ryan's brother. He doesn't bring grit, but our bottom 6 is pretty slow, and he helps with that.

He's currently on an expiring deal, making $1.4M, and he'll be RFA after the year, with one more season to UFA.

Coffees

blackhawk down
Nov 12, 2021
Massachusetts
EDM could use an upgrade at C in their bottom 6, and McLeod brings a nice combination of speed, size, R-shot, and face-off dominance. He brings some offense, currently at 10-9-19 in 40GP, pacing for nearly 20 goals 40 points. Obviously there's the familiarity, being Ryan's brother. He doesn't bring grit, but our bottom 6 is pretty slow, and he helps with that.

He's currently on an expiring deal, making $1.4M, and he'll be RFA after the year, with one more season to UFA.
Unless you’re willing to part with #37, the Devils have no reason to move him

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
Wasn't he a UFA this offseason? Oilers should have targeted him instead of Brown.

Nvm, someone mentioned he is still a RFA

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

Drake1588

UNATCO
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2002
Northern Virginia
Based on the standings today, I know it's a reasonable question, but I would be surprised if the Devils are a seller. I think they're going to push hard for a Wild Card slot and would not be surprised to see the team buy (especially if it's a goalie with term).

EDIT: Wait, this is a RFA? Even with his arbitration rights, I really don't get this line of reasoning whatsoever. The Devils are on the upswing of their contention curve.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
Mikey should be part of the medium-term build in NJ.

But if he were to make it to UFA, there would be a lot of teams interested and bidding his price up.

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
Hard to see a deal happening for this player, he’s been great for Jersey this year and can’t see why they’d entertain trading him.

For the acquiring team, if I’m not mistaken McLeod was one of the players on that Canada WJC team with the dark cloud. That could add some risk for the team buying him if this whole situation doesn’t get neatly swept under the rug.

HugeInTheShire

You may not like me but, I'm Huge in the Shire
Mar 8, 2021
Alberta
I guess if if they decide to sell high he could go, but there really isn't any other reason to move McLeod.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
its insane to say it, but he isn't really available short of a significant overpay. He has been probably the Devils most consistent player this year.

Granted, this all hinges on what (if anything) comes out of the 2018 Hockey Canada investigation as well....

Reactions: MasterofGrond

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
McLeod's arc has been a bit painful for fans and the organization. Now that he's getting his game together and contributing on a nightly basis, I have a hard time seeing them moving him.

I'd personally like to extend him on one of those deals that goes for a while but is a bargain and a half by the end of it.

Reactions: DevilDog

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
Warren Foegele?

He’s been a beast lately but Im sure the Oilers would include him as part of a package for a guy like McLeod.
I doubt it. McDavid specifically asked that Foegele not be traded.

How is McLeod an upgrade on Foegele anyways? Yes, he’s amazing in the draw and plays C but Foegele is actually a better finisher… that’s what the Oilers need.

I would love to add McLeod but (a) Devils don’t have a reason to trade him and (b) would not be including Foegele in the deal.

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
Devils wouldn't want just a 1st for Mcleod and the Oilers don't have any good young players they'd be willing to give up.

If Edmonton somehow ends up getting Saros then revisit and the Devils will give you Mcleod+ for Skinner.

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
NJ when healthy has a shortage of centers and Jack Hughes is out long term.

All that said, if NJ fell out of the race and Edmonton was willing to pay a premium (not sure what that looks like) I wouldn’t be totally opposed.

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
I should say, I’d give him a choice too. If he wants to re-up in Jersey at a reasonable AAV, I’d keep him. If he preferred to go play with his brother I’d try to work something out with Edmonton

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
No deal to be had here. The time to snipe Mcleod was last year when the Devils didn’t realize he was good.
The time to snipe McLeod was before the Oilers bottom 6 figured it out.
Holloway-R.McLeod-Perry
Gagner-Ryan-Janmark
Connor f***ing Brown

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
The time to snipe McLeod was before the Oilers bottom 6 figured it out.
Holloway-R.McLeod-Perry
Gagner-Ryan-Janmark
Connor f***ing Brown

Not really. We just extended Ryan Mcleod at 2.2M and shipped out Kostin/Yamo to do it. There’s always been a lot of trust in Ryan. His skating, hands, and ability to read the game always jumped off the page at you, and you realize there’s a player here even before production fully hit. Plus he’s well liked in the room, part of the secondary core that brewed in Bakersfield with Vinny and Skinny.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
I should say, I’d give him a choice too. If he wants to re-up in Jersey at a reasonable AAV, I’d keep him. If he preferred to go play with his brother I’d try to work something out with Edmonton
Are the devils going to qualify him in the offseason? Or let him walk again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad